Print some special characters to console

I'd like to print the ASCII character #176 to serial console.
It's this one: ASCII code Graphic character, low density dotted, American Standard Code for Information Interchange, The complete ASCII table, characters,letters, vowels with accents, consonants, signs, symbols, numbers graphic, character, low, density, dotted,ascii,176, ascii art, ascii table, code ascii, ascii character, ascii text, ascii chart, ascii characters, ascii codes, characters, codes, tables, symbols, list, alt, keys, keyboard, spelling, control, printable, extended, letters, epistles, handwriting, scripts, lettering, majuscules, capitals, minuscules, lower, case, small, acute, accent, sharp, engrave, diaresis, circumflex, tilde, cedilla, anillo, circlet, eñe, enie, arroba, pound, sterling, cent, type, write, spell, spanish, english, notebooks, laptops, ascii, asci, asccii, asqui, askii, aski, aschi, aschii,20211218

I can paste the character itself in my code, and it will print the correct character to console if it set to display UTF-8.
Since the character is part of the ASCII set, couldn't I just print the character using Serial.write(176)?
It doesn't seem to work...

What terminal program are you using? The Serial Monitor in the Arduino IDE is pretty basic. It might not handle extended characters. You might need a little better terminal.

Delta_G:
What terminal program are you using?

CoolTerm on OS X. I also tried it with Serial.

I don’t know that one. So I can’t say whether or not I’d expect it to be able to print the character in question.

Maybe you should post some basic code showing how you try and describe the actual output you get.

ASCII doesn't go up to 176. ASCII defines only characters 0 through 127, no more, no less.

Since it's not ASCII, you'll need to figure out what character set and encoding your terminal uses and then find the character in that set and write it to the terminal in the right encoding. The character set might be ISO8859-1 or Unicode (encoded in UTF-8) or something else.