Print "words" saved on a variable using Serial.print?

Sorry in advance if the terminology I'm using is not the correct ones, what I'm basically trying to achieve is:

x = "cat";
y = "not cat";
Serial.print(x, " and ", y);

expected result is "cat and not cat", what exact code do I need to write to get such result?

Simple:

char* x = "cat";
char* y = "not cat";
Serial.print(x);
Serial.print(" and ");
Serial.print(y);

Very simple indeed! Didn't know char* were a thing, and spent some good half hour trying out different variable types. Thanks for the speedy response.

noersetiawan:
Didn't know char* were a thing

That's telling me that you haven't done much reading about Arduino programs because that is one of the first few concepts you would have been introduced to. Programming isn't something you can muddle through by the seat of your pants. You really need to do a BUNCH of reading and learning to get this.

Delta_G:
Programming isn't something you can muddle through by the seat of your pants. You really need to do a BUNCH of reading and learning to get this.

... :o that's exactly what I'm doing, with no programming background, I just want to learn enough to get my project running. Actually I only practiced through the example (just finished understanding 01. Basics on the example menu, thinking it would be enough for my simple project, well it's not).

I was just trying to put up a simple project such as typing words on serial monitor (not yet), some pin turned on/off (check!), read the value of the pins (check!) and display it on SM (check, thanks to your help).

I managed to do this on SM:

type '1' --> toggle pin X on/off
type '2' --> toggle pin Y on/off

using SwitchCase

gets the job done but is not looking quite good and is limited, what I would like to do is typing like 'lamp' or 'garage' but switchcase can't handle non integer. Simple serial.read can't receive more than 1 character in the first place. Anything more than 1 character apparently is significantly harder to do.

As you've suggested, I must do BUNCH of reading first (found a good article that claiming to provide newcomers-friendly examples here). One baby step at a time it seems.