Printing time to excel

I've been using this code for a while to take some readings and sending them to excel with plx-daq, but have been problems ever since I started using millis() instead of computer time in excel.

the code works perfectly fine on arduino/serial monitor, but won't print anything on excel. I think my use of millis() is the cause but for the life of me can't figure out why

#include "EmonLib.h"             // Include Emon Library
#define VOLT_CAL 269
#define CURRENT_CAL 60
unsigned long int milli_time;    //variable to hold the time
EnergyMonitor emon1;             // Create an instance

void setup()
{  
  Serial.begin(9600);

Serial.println("CLEARDATE");
  Serial.println("LABEL, Time Elapsed (Milli Sec.),Wall Voltage,Wall Current, Wall Power, Mic Voltage");

emon1.voltage(A0, VOLT_CAL, 1.7);  // Voltage: input pin, calibration, phase_shift
  emon1.current(A1, CURRENT_CAL);       // Current: input pin, calibration.
}

void loop()
{
  emon1.calcVI(20,50);         // Calculate all. No.of half wavelengths (crossings), time-out

float currentDraw     = emon1.Irms;             //extract Irms into Variable
  float supplyVoltage   = emon1.Vrms;                    //extract Vrms into Variable
  int sensorValue = analogRead(A4);

milli_time = millis();

Serial.print(milli_time);
  Serial.print(",");

Serial.print(supplyVoltage);
Serial.print(",");
Serial.print(currentDraw);
Serial.print(",");
Serial.print(supplyVoltage*currentDraw);
Serial.print(",");
Serial.println(sensorValue);
}

Several of your print statements are wrong, because you aren't following the rules for printing to PLX-DAQ.

Time to take another look at the instructions on how to use PLX-DAQ.

I had never heard of plx-daq before today. Just installed and tested according to this guy's blog, worked out the box to give computer time, millis, voltage.

This is good stuff....

The blog points to an outdated version of PLX-DAQ, which doesn’t work with recent versions of Excel.

This updated version of PLX-DAQ works with the most recent versions of Excel.

jremington:
This updated version of PLX-DAQ works with the most recent versions of Excel.

Ah, ok thanks. I like how the virgin print data appears in the wee window pane in the later version.