Priority list on LCD display

Hello all! :slight_smile:

I'm trying to build a priority list. I have 6 main push-buttons and I want the sequence of these buttons pressed displayed on a 2.8" LCD display (240:320).
I then have 6 reset push-buttons which would reset said main buttons. So reset button 1 would reset main button 1.

Basically, what I'm looking for, is a code that would set the first button, then second, then third, and so fourth, pushed as priority 1.
If I push, for example, main button 5, it'll display button 5 as first priority. Then when I push main button 3, it'll display as second priority and up to 6. Like a queue!

The reset buttons would remove their corresponding main buttons. So if main button 5 was first priority and I pushed reset button 5, it would remove main button 5 and put second priority as first priority.

I don't know how to start programming this! So I hope you kind people would guide me a little.

I hope this explains my problem.

What I've done:
I have the display figured out. I know where to put the text on the display to make it look tidy. I have tried by myself to program this, but I never even got close :fearful:

What my hardware consists of:
I have an Arduino Mega 2560. My display is an ILI9341. My push-buttons use internal pull-up resistors.

Here's the setup in its flesh:

Thank you very much for your time!

Post what you tried and describe the problems

How to post images so we do not have to download them.

Setup:

I’m pretty novice in programming. So the things I’ve done were kind of in vain, since I did not really learn from it. I’m kinda at a loss where to begin tackling this problem…

OP image.