Pro Micro as Keyboard / Problems ?

Hi,

So soon I will get a new arduino that I order, a Pro Micro and I'm really exited because I will have the possibility to experiment with the keyboard Library. I made few research on internet and got plenty of ideas what to do ..etc but I got some questions and would be nice if you could answer them to me.

Questions:

-I found out that the arduino as keyboard disable the actual keyboard of your computer and use only one keyboard running (or I'm wrong?), Can the arduino run in parallel with the actual keyboard and arduino as keyboard in the name time?

-I know that the arduino as keyboard can write, use combinations or keys and control the mouse/clicks but can an arduino get serial input for my main keyboard save them in a temporary file and print/paste them after that on my computer and all that without opening or writing in an actual serial monitor?

-A combination with the 1st question, if only one keyboard is allowed at a time how do I create makro buttons like pressing a single button as copy or paste or anything else is that problem solved by using

keyboard.begin
//and 
keyboard.end
//with a fast millis() or is there other option?

but again if that even works what proves that my main keyboard will work normal after that?

Hope they are not boring questions. I'm just exited about a new toy like a little kid :D

D.60

Domino60:
-I found out that the arduino as keyboard disable the actual keyboard of your computer

No. Both keyboards work at the same time.

Domino60:
-I know that the arduino as keyboard can write, use combinations or keys and control the mouse/clicks but can an arduino get serial input for my main keyboard save them in a temporary file and print/paste them after that on my computer and all that without opening or writing in an actual serial monitor?

I’m not sure what you mean by “get serial input for my main keyboard”. The Arduino can receive serial input, save it in a buffer, and type it into whatever document is open on your PC, just as if you were typing it on your keyboard.

Domino60:
-A combination with the 1st question, if only one keyboard is allowed…

As mentioned above: not a problem.

thanks for your time reading :D

If using arduino as keyboard and my main keyboard will work as well that's perfect, not sure where i read that if u active the arduino as keyboard you main keyboard will be disabled...

I'm not sure what you mean by "get serial input for my main keyboard". The Arduino can receive serial input, save it in a buffer, and type it into whatever document is open on your PC, just as if you were typing it on your keyboard.

When you try to give a command to your arduino thru serial you open the serial monitor and type your word/letter/number key to active a function or light up a led, what I ment with the question I gave if it's possible to do that but without opening and typing in the actual serial monitor but to make the arduino read your keyboard buttons and if I press for example "+" from NumLock it will light up the led. If there a way to do that? Reading your keyboard with arduino?

D.60

You can have a program on the PC that gets keyboard input and sends it to the serial port connected to the Arduino. You don't have to use Serial Monitor.

I'm not sure that the serial port works when the Arduino is acting as a keyboard. I think it does but I'm not sure.

Ok thanks for the info, can't wait to get the toy on my hands :D

D.60