Pro Micro memory storage insufficient for large sketch | Memory Shield(Micro SD)

I’m am EXTREMELY new to Arduino, however I am making a weird kind of Labyrinth game using an Arduino Pro Micro, and the Notepad application on my PC. The Pro Micro has been programmed with a sketch to be a HID, so that when I toggle various pins, it spits out corresponding strings of text to go along with gameplay, and then gives a carriage return (auto-hits the “Return” key). The problem is that the board has a very limited storage space to add a larger sketch. I have looked at a few different forums, but I keep seeing that it’s apparently a little difficult to get a Memory Shield like one of these guys: http://goo.gl/aLHLcV … up and running and connected to the Pro Micro.

As I mentioned, I’m very new to programming all this stuff, but would anyone possibly be able to explain to me a way of connecting that storage module to the board so that a larger sketch can be run off of it?

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thank you!
-Josh

CreativeCoPilot: I'm am EXTREMELY new to Arduino, however I am making a weird kind of Labyrinth game using an Arduino Pro Micro, and the Notepad application on my PC. The Pro Micro has been programmed with a sketch to be a HID, so that when I toggle various pins, it spits out corresponding strings of text to go along with gameplay, and then gives a carriage return (auto-hits the "Return" key). The problem is that the board has a very limited storage space to add a larger sketch. I have looked at a few different forums, but I keep seeing that it's apparently a little difficult to get a Memory Shield like one of these guys: http://goo.gl/aLHLcV ... up and running and connected to the Pro Micro.

As I mentioned, I'm very new to programming all this stuff, but would anyone possibly be able to explain to me a way of connecting that storage module to the board so that a larger sketch can be run off of it?

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thank you! -Josh

Arduino's use Atmel AVR MCU's they are Harvard architecture. Program memory is separate from data memory. So any 'additional' data memory you attach cannot be used as Program Memory. You could write an interpreter program that reads your attached data memory, but that is not a task for a 'new' programmer.

You might want to look at the Arduino Mega, it has 256k of FLASH for program storage, instead of the UNO's 32k.

Chuck.