pro mini 328 enhanced board

i bought some of these and now am trying to program them.

which brings the question.

several of the pins are not accessible so i need to change the definition of the board.

this is one of the enhanced boards with 34 pins plus the programming port marked deek_robot or dswy_robot. they appear to be the same board.

how do i change things or where do i get the stuff to make it work?

thanks for any help you can give.

dave

This must be one of the vaguest posts I have read in a while. It's no wonder no-one replied.

i bought some of these ...

These what? Link?

several of the pins are not accessible

What pins?

so i need to change the definition of the board

What definition? What are you referring to?

this is one of the enhanced boards with 34 pins

Indeed?

how do i change things

Difficult to say. Change the hardware? The code? The configuration file? What did you have in mind?

where do i get the stuff to make it work?

Stuff?

Perhaps read: How to use this forum

Then get back to us with a lot more details.

This must be one of the vaguest posts I have read in a while. It's no wonder no-one replied.
you sure know how to make a person welcome

did you read the title?

These what? Link?

several of the pins are not accessible

several of the pins are inaccessible in programming
What pins?

so i need to change the definition of the board

What definition? What are you referring to?

i don't know but i hoped some one would help without the criticism. it really make a guy feel welcome

Indeed?

did you try to look around and find it or do you just make noise?

how do i change things

Difficult to say. Change the hardware? The code? The configuration file? What did you have in mind?

configuration file. that sounds like a good name for what i need.

where do i get the stuff to make it work?

Stuff?

the stuff to change the configuration file. of course.

you have really helped a lot

[/quote]

oldbeeman:

you have really helped a lot

Welcome to our forum. We hope you enjoy your stay here, and enjoy using your Arduino. Now, to get the most help, ask a good question:

http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

The only changes I am aware of from the original Pro Mini was the addition of analog A6 and A7 pins. It appears the current IDE already supports them by default.

If you have the 5V version, you should be selecting from the IDE boards -> Arduino Pro or Pro Mini (5V, 16 MHz) w/ ATmega328

If you have the 3.3V version, you should be selecting from the IDE boards -> Arduino Pro or Pro Mini (3.3V, 8 MHz) w/ ATmega328

oldbeeman:

The fact is, you need to provide full information if you are going to ask a question. You need to cite - with a link - the particular device you have, from where you obtained it.

oldbeeman:

did you read the title?

The title was not actually clear, because you have not cited a particular item. It is true that an "enhanced" Pro Mini is commonly advertised, but this refers to at least three different versions.

oldbeeman:
several of the pins are inaccessible in programming

I sounds very much as if you are referring to this article. You are confusing " the analog pins in an unhandy position" with matters of programming. All pins of all common modules are accessible to program - according to their capabilities.

oldbeeman:
i don't know but I hoped some one would help without the criticism. it really make a guy feel welcome

You have had the same problem with each of your three questions on different - and not necessarily appropriate - forums here. The reason in general is lack of specificity. As Nick (who is nothing if not helpful and responsible for some excellent tutorials on using these materials) has pointed out, you really need to read the "How to" guides on asking questions.

oldbeeman:

As noted, "enhanced" is not really specific. If you want information, you need to do the research, carefully, and include relevant information in your query. And "34 pins" is confusing, as if you are actually referring to the board rather than the IC, the "Deek-Robot" board has 35 pins and the other "enhanced" boards such as the ones I have, 36.

oldbeeman:
did you try to look around and find it or do you just make noise?

There is the critical point - it is your responsibility to "look around and find it", not anyone else's.

oldbeeman:
configuration file. that sounds like a good name for what I need.

Actually, your problem has nothing to do with the configuration file. All these boards, "enhanced" or otherwise, have the same entry in the IDE.

oldbeeman:
the stuff to change the configuration file. of course.

Which is therefore meaningless.

The fact is, you have done something wrong in connecting the device, most likely to do with the TX and RX pins or the auto-reset. The pinout of all these boards is essentially identical, and clearly marked. Or else you are coding wrong - but we would not know, would we, as you have given no information on what you are doing, what (USB to TTL module) you are using to program it, how it is connected, what sort of sketch you are attempting to implement, how you are determining whether it is working or not.

In short, we are not mind-readers, your query contains essentially no relevant information, so you really have nothing about which to complain. :astonished:

I suggest you have another go at asking whatever question you really mean. Give us a picture of your setup, preferably a link to its listing from wherever you obtained it, a description of what you are trying to do with it and what errors you may be encountering, and tagged as "code" using the "" button above the submission window, the sketch code you are using (in its entirety).

oldbeeman:

Same place you got the boards.

You need one of these: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=ftdi+basic+breakout

oldbeeman:

which brings the question.

several of the pins are not accessible so i need to change the definition of the board.
this is one of the enhanced boards with 34 pins plus the programming port marked deek_robot or dswy_robot. they appear to be the same board.

dave

I have something like 30+ of these deek-robot units in my cheap bin. They usually work OK... I have had a failure rate of 2 out of 10, but both were correctable by reloading the boot loader. Since the failure rate is high, but correctable, I built a dedicated jig.

These clones are a rip-off of the original from Sparkfun: https://www.sparkfun.com/products/11113

Ray

oldbeeman:

I got one of them too. it was that one end of the board that was confusing.
I added the other thing I bought and it seemed to work better
they told me to add the other thing and that made it work much better.
I added this other part and then read an indestructibles.

if you want to get one, go to that seller on e-bay that offers the corrects description.

dave-in-nj:

oldbeeman:

I got one of them too. it was that one end of the board that was confusing.
I added the other thing I bought and it seemed to work better
they told me to add the other thing and that made it work much better.
I added this other part and then read an indestructibles.

if you want to get one, go to that seller on e-bay that offers the corrects description.

OMG ... Painful XD

Select Nano as board type for bootloading. boards.txt entry has all pins defined.

Old Beer... isn't very good, Man

Docedison:
Old Beer... isn't very good, Man

Beer never has a chance to get old around here! Like, dude, isn't "Old Beer" an oximoron? :fearful:

Ray