Pro Mini, stopped uploading, green led constantly flashing

Hi I have two arduino pro minis that I have been using for a copter setup - they have been working - uploading etc fine.

I've been playing with software updates etc and now I can upload to one fine (ie the usb ftdi cable and port etc are still working fine) but on the other board I think I've done something to stop it uploading.

This is what happens

I connect the ftdi plug I get the red LED permanently on I get one flash of the green LED then about a 3 second pause of no green LED, then the green LED flashes continuously. If I hold the resest button the green LED stops for as long as the button is held down then starts flashing immediately it's released again.

If I try to upload to the board I get

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00 avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51

error messages.

I've tried hitting reset at various times during the upload process but can't clear it ant get it to upload?

Have I ruined the board somehow - no physical damage etc and like I say - the other board is uploading fine still so the pc connection is ok?

(Windows - Vista - 32 bit using USB FTDI cable).

I'm running Arduino 0023 specifically as this is what the software I am using for the copters needs.

so - one works - the other flashes green LED continuously - I can't find anywhere to tel lme what this means?

Any suggestions chaps?

thanks

Rick

Doors anybody know, does the continuous green flashing LED have a standard meaning?

Blimpit: I get one flash of the green LED then about a 3 second pause of no green LED, then the green LED flashes continuously. If I hold the resest button the green LED stops for as long as the button is held down then starts flashing immediately it's released again.

Normally this would indicate the bootloader is working correctly.

Blimpit: so - one works - the other flashes green LED continuously - I can't find anywhere to tel lme what this means?

Nothing really. Just means that the code on the ATmega chip is flashing the LED on pin 13.

Blimpit: Have I ruined the board somehow - no physical damage etc and like I say - the other board is uploading fine still so the pc connection is ok?

Did the board ever work?

Examine the board closely and ensure they are the same Chip, Voltage, and Speed.

Hi James thank you for taking the time to reply - I very much appreciate it.

I have stripped the board out of the project it was in and tested it and is now seems ok. I thought that I had disconnected all of the components for testing but I reckon that as a result of this test - something was actually still connected and causing the light to flash due to the programming on the card.

Once again - thank you for responding.

Rick

So, today I too got the same problem with the same error.. I was almost scratching my head due to this error. But somehow I managed to get it working. I am using Arduino Promini and FTDI board for programming. I think the problem occurred when i was uploading a sketch to the board and somehow(might be) there was a disconnection between the board and the FTDI resulting in infinite non responding loop.

This resulted in Green LED on the board blinking as fast as 5 times in a second. I could no more upload any sketch to the board and I even tried manual resetting as soon as I upload.... I tried restarting IDE ,removing all connections,verifying COM PORTS etc.. But it all went in vain and failed every time I tried to upload the sketch and was presented with the error "avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00"...

There was no visual change whenever I tried to upload any sketch.

[u]SOLUTION[/u] After trying for a while what I actually did was... 1. Pressed the upload button...(Only the FTDI board was connected to the USB cable, no arduino). 2.As soon as the sketch was compiled and bar on lower right corner filled more and status changed to uploading I immediately connected the Arduino board. 3. The sketch uploaded successfully and no more blinking of Green led. 4. I then uploaded Blink sketch to check if problem was solved.

I don't know the reason the reason why did it happened but may be I think there was something wrong with the sketch that got uploaded at the beginning as I did not upload completely.

I have same/similar problem.

INTRO.I have pro mini clone. At Arduino IDE selected as Arduino Pro Mini (5v, 16MHz) w/ATmega168. And every time I upload sketch I need push reset button on Arduino, as soon as TXD light on FTDI start blink(it blinks 3 times). if I miss I need to upload again and push reset as soon as TXD light on FTDI start blink. Sometimes I do press reset many time, to be sure. Then its start upload TXD light starts rapidly blinking.

PROBLEM. I press reset during upload... probably brain fart. Now it behaves as described. Rapidly blinks LED on pin 13. I tried your solution, but its do not work. Most likely cause I do need manually reset. Or I miss right time to connect FTDI. I tried many times.

QUESTION. Can I clear flash? or do some kind hard reset? or any other way to delete that broken sketch? I do have UNO and SparkCore. Maybe I could use them to do this..?

Any help are welcome.

I confirm the solution that Aman24 gave us. It is working.

billys7: I confirm the solution that Aman24 gave us. It is working.

I confirm that the solution worked on my Pro-Mini by unplugging and plugging in the USB cable once loading started. Thanks !!!! AL