Probelm with I2C display

I have problem with my I2C display. It works just on “half” and I have no idea what to do. It´s dead or I just make some mistake. I use same code and connection to Arduino on another display and that one worked fine. Some ideas what to do ?
In description are all photos and even code.

HelloWorld.ino (344 Bytes)

(deleted)

BakedPotato:
I have problem with my I2C display. It works just on "half" and I have no idea what to do. It´s dead or I just make some mistake. I use same code and connection to Arduino on another display and that one worked fine. Some ideas what to do ?
In description are all photos and even code.

The "UNO" in the photograph does not look like an Arduino UNO, who made it?
Which version of the Arduino IDE are you using?
What operating system are you using?
Linux, MacOSX, MS Windows, other

i ask these questions in the event that I may have to replicate your environment.

Please use the code tags to post Arduino Sketches.

It is a 16x1 display. It is organised as 8x2.

I think that bperrybap's HD44780.h library can cope with line continuation. e.g. writing to columns 8..15 (which is line#2 on a 8x2)

David.

Yeah It´s 16x1 display, I m using Arduino IDE 1.8.5 on Windows 8.1 PRO and Arduino is from Aliexpress company called Wavgat (modified version One set UNO R3 CH340G+MEGA328P Chip 16Mhz For Arduino UNO R3 Development board + USB CABLE|uno r3|development boarduno r3 uno - AliExpress)

david_prentice:
It is a 16x1 display. It is organised as 8x2.

I think that bperrybap's HD44780.h library can cope with line continuation. e.g. writing to columns 8..15 (which is line#2 on a 8x2)

David.

Yes that is correct. The hd44780 library package can support that type of display for all of the i/o classes.
For an i2c backpack you would use the hd44780_I2Cexp i/o class.
Install it from the IDE library manager. (not a zip file)
Here is a link to the github page: https://github.com/duinoWitchery/hd44780
And wiki: https://github.com/duinoWitchery/hd44780/wiki

What you do is initialize the display as an 8x2 (since that is what it really is) and then enable automatic linewrapping by calling lineWrap() after begin()

From that point on, you can treat it as if it is a 16x1 and it should work the way you want.
print characters or strings and they will print across the physical display as if it were a single 16 character line.
The code is even smart enough to know that if you attempt to set a cursor position beyond the end of a line to do a wrap to the next line. i.e. setCursor(8,0) will set the cursor to 0,1 which is what you want.

--- bill

Thank You very much, everything is working how it should work.