problem compiling for UNO using online editor

Using the online editior
Arduino UNO board

I was having issues compiling a program this morning that was previously fine.
I then tried to compile "blink" unchanged from the example library, its throwing up an error if I select the UNO board from the board menu.
The program compiles fine if I select a different type of board.
Any suggestions?

Here is the error:

Linking everything together...

lto1: fatal error: bytecode stream in file '/tmp/892011783/build/../../core/core_arduino_avr_uno_0fd389f0184d5a21fcc443ff311da7f1.a' generated with LTO version 4.1 instead of the expected 6.0

compilation terminated.

lto-wrapper: fatal error: /home/builder/.arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avr-gcc/7.3.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino5/bin/avr-gcc returned 1 exit status

compilation terminated.

/home/builder/.arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avr-gcc/7.3.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino5/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/7.3.0/../../../../avr/bin/ld: error: lto-wrapper failed

collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

exit status 1

HI
I'm getting the same error. I tried verifying Blink (from Basics01) and the StandardFirmata library example.
Both get me the same error reported by joshbell from the online Arduino IDE.
I found a thread from Oct 2018 where a similar problem was encountered. I don't know how to alert the IDE maintainers that this is an issue.

:frowning:

Same error in my class today too. Worked completely fine last week.

Error code:

Linking everything together...

lto1: fatal error: bytecode stream in file '/tmp/452368454/build/../../core/core_arduino_avr_uno_0fd389f0184d5a21fcc443ff311da7f1.a' generated with LTO version 4.1 instead of the expected 6.0

compilation terminated.

lto-wrapper: fatal error: /home/builder/.arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avr-gcc/7.3.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino5/bin/avr-gcc returned 1 exit status

compilation terminated.

/home/builder/.arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avr-gcc/7.3.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino5/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/7.3.0/../../../../avr/bin/ld: error: lto-wrapper failed

collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

exit status 1

I downloaded the application and it worked correctly; on the online console does not work

mdellomo:
I don't know how to alert the IDE maintainers that this is an issue.

I've already done so earlier today.

According to the team it was fixed.
Thanks for your reports.

Bob.