Problem compiling, libsam_sam3x8e_gcc_rel.a: No such file or directory

Hi!
I just downloaded and installed arduino-beta (I tried both arduino-beta 1.5.7 and arduino-beta 1.5.8)
I am using linux (Arch linux, and I installed them via AUR).
To test my board I opened Example->Digital-> BlinkWithoutDelay and verifying it I get

/usr/share/arduino/hardware/arduino/sam/variants/arduino_due_x/libsam_sam3x8e_gcc_rel.a /tmp/build1137326954637332674.tmp/core.a -Wl,--end-group 
arm-none-eabi-g++: error: /usr/share/arduino/hardware/arduino/sam/variants/arduino_due_x/libsam_sam3x8e_gcc_rel.a: No such file or directory

I saw a similar problem in other posts but it seems to me that nobody has it occurring with a very simple example.

Do you have any idea on what can generate this problem?
I selected
Board->Artuino Due (Programming Port)
Thanks!

Post your sketch and we can see if its a general problem or confined to specific configurations.

I presume you can get 1.5.7 to work on AVR Arduinos, its just Due?

Don't use old versions, just the most recent, which are more reliable.

Thank you! Problem solved.
The problem was in the installation process. The "Arch User Repository" for arduino-beta didn't install the 'staticlibs'.
Adding this option it fixed it.
I guess it is an issue involving the 64bit architectures.

Thanks again.

Can you provide more information for the benefit of people who hit the same problem
and search these forums? Its an archived repository of knowledge you know…

Yes, sorry.
I am on an Arch linux 64 bit machine, I installed arduino-beta from AUR.
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/arduino-beta/
To solve the problem, following one of the comments in the AUR page, I added in the PKGBUILD file (which drives the package creation) the option staticlibs (which "Leaves static library (.a) files in packages"), namely the line becomes
options=(!strip 'staticlibs'). Moreover, I (forgot to mention it in my previous message) installed gcc-multilib with
pacman -S gcc-multilib.
Not sure that both these operations are necessary. The maintainer of the package still cannot reproduce the bug, but it seems to occur quite frequently (according to the comments in the AUR webpage).