Problem connecting an Arduino and a sensor value to a webpage element.

Hello everyone. Pardon me if I had posted on the wrong forum, if this was already asked or if I had violated something here, I'm a newbie here in this forum.

My problem was about interfacing a proximity sensor value of 1 or 0, to a webpage element to change colors and/or photos. Something like:

if (sensor1 == "1") { // change background-color of box model in html to RED. } else { // change background-color of box model in html to BLUE. }

This idea was formed from our thesis project proposal of a webpage that shows the status of a parking space switching from "1=red" if it was already taken, and "0=blue" if no car is on the spot. But since I'm new to arduino's server capabilities, I have no idea how to do it, or if it is even possible. I hope someone would help me, it will surely be a big help for us to pass our final year. Please enlighten me!

Thanks in advance! more power to Arduino! :)

You could put the status indicator in a simple frame in your main web page. The below site has more info on some more detailed methods.

http://startingelectronics.com/tutorials/arduino/ethernet-shield-web-server-tutorial/

Thank you for your reply, it is much appreciated. I'll look into it and get back if there's any problem. Thank you! :)