Problem Connecting my Uno + WIFI r3 board to my computer

Hi,

I have never worked with Arduinos before but I know i have missed something when trying to connect my board to my computer.

I have a Geekcreit UNO+WiFi R3 ATmega328P+ESP8266 32Mb Memory USB-TTL CH340G Module
The site I got it from.

When I plug in the board i get some LEDs that turn on so i know that there is power.
I have tried having just dip switch 5 and 6 on or 4 and 5 (i have also tried other combinations) but it still don't see anything on my computer.

I have downloaded CH341SER and cp210x drivers

I have tried following the steps from this documentation

Any help would be much appreciated as I don't know what else to do.

Many thanks,
Mark

When you inserted the URL did you close out the IDE and restart before moving on ?

ballscrewbob:
When you inserted the URL did you close out the IDE and restart before moving on ?

I am assuming that you are referring to the URL that i put into the Board Manager Url's part,

I had put in the URL, pressed okay, plugged back in the arduino and still no connection.
I have closed the application and opened it again to try on various occasions.

I realise now that I wasn't very specific with what my actual question is.

I cannot see a way to connect my Arduino to my computer so that the IDE can transfer a sketch onto it. I have tried looking at my device manager but I cannot see it there.

If you cannot see anything from device manager and windows does not even make the new hardware sound then chances are the board is dead.

Not being where you are I cannot say how it died but common reasons are applying voltages where they should not be, shorted wires and similar misuse.

On super rare occasions it may be DOA.