Problem defining the SPI pins after doing software update (Teensy 3.6)

I am kinda a newbie. I have been using a code for Teensy 3.6 to do SPI and it was working well. Then, I updated Arduino to 1.8.12 and now I am running into some issues while compiling.

I have commands that defined the SPI pins and now the software does not recognize them:

const int MOSIPin = 11;
const int MISOPin = 12;
const int SCKPin  = 14;

SPI.setMISO(MISOPin);
SPI.setMOSI(MOSIPin);
SPI.setSCK(SCKPin);

The error that I get is: error: 'class SPIClass' has no member named 'setMISO' error: 'class SPIClass' has no member named 'setMOSI' error: 'class SPIClass' has no member named 'setSCK'

I check the SPI page on the Arduino website and it clearly says that we do not have such commands! My questions are:

1) How were these commands working with the previous version (I did not know what version that was)? 2) How should I define these as SPI pins? Just commenting the SPI.setMISO, SPI.setMOSI, and SPI.setSCK does not solve the problem.

Thanks for your help!

What version of Teensyduino are you using?

From that page…

Teensyduino 1.51 supports Arduino versions 1.8.5 and 1.8.9 and 1.8.11 and 1.8.12.

so if your version is older then it will need updating. If it is the correct version then maybe contact the Teensy people.