Problem in connecting ESP 32 with 8-Bit parallel connection Display

Hello everyone,
I am using ESP WROOM 32 with 3.5-inch Arduino UNO Display like this: https://www.banggood.in/3_5-Inch-TFT-Color-Screen-Module-320-X-480-Support-Arduino-UNO-Mega2560-p-1022298.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN and using TFT_eSPI library but display output goes horrible. I am attaching a picture of the output of the display.
Thank you,
Have a good day.

Your link shows a "Blue 3.5inch Mcufriend" style shield. These normally use ILI9481 or ILI9486 controllers.

TFT_eSPI supports both of these controllers. You select them in the appropriate "User_Setup.h"

I suggest that you try both. (Or use MCUFRIEND_kbv) Choose the one that changes Rotations correctly.

Don't worry about a single problem e.g. you have GateScan inversion. Colours may be inverted.

David.

thank you, David, for your reply. But none of my problems get solved. Either I didn’t understand what you want to convey or I an taking wrong approach.
here is my code:
#include <SPI.h>

#include <TFT_eSPI.h> // Hardware-specific library

TFT_eSPI tft = TFT_eSPI(); // Invoke custom library

#define TFT_GREY 0x5AEB // New colour

#define BLACK 0x0000
#define BLUE 0x001F
#define RED 0xF800
#define GREEN 0x07E0
#define CYAN 0x07FF
#define MAGENTA 0xF81F
#define YELLOW 0xFFE0
#define WHITE 0xFFFF

void setup(void) {
tft.init();
tft.setRotation(1);
}

void loop() {

tft.fillScreen(0xFFFF);

tft.setCursor(0, 0);
tft.setTextSize(5);
tft.setTextColor(BLACK);
tft.println(“hello World”);
delay(10000);

}

and I am attaching my edited User_Setup.h file and output of the display. I didn’t find any solution to fully utilize the display and get rid of that GateScan inversion. colors are correct but letters again get inverted. And for “MCUFRIEND_kbv” how can I define pins of ESP32 for display?
Thank you
Have a good day :slight_smile:

User_Setup.h (7.93 KB)

Here is the Display Output for the above Code. Only some part of the display is displaying the text.

Sending a PM is impolite.

Sending a PM 3 minutes after writing a Public message is unwise.

Calling someone Buddy is guaranteed to annoy the recipient.

I am out.

David.

david_prentice: Sending a PM is impolite.

Sending a PM 3 minutes after writing a Public message is unwise.

Calling someone Buddy is guaranteed to annoy the recipient.

I am out.

David.

Sorry Sir, I apologize for that. Please forgive me. I am a Newbie here. Please help me out. :slightly_frowning_face: