Problem in digital i/o pins or ground pins

I'm beginner in Arduino programming and its set-up on Breadboard. I'm using in this project a Green LED Light, 270 ohms resistor and two wires for working as jumper wires. I made it by myself to make the work easy. Then I put it all these things on breadboard and then I put a wire inside ~9 on Arduino and second side on breadboard and i took another wire and put one side to inside A1 hole and other side on breadboard. Then i connected my arduino to my laptop through usb then i uploaded codes inside it. but nothing is happening codes are uploaded successfully but LED isn't even getting light up. It just seems like the power isn't getting to the breadboard. I don't know really. I'm uploading some screen-shots please check it. you can zoom it all pictures are in good quality.

The LED should be wired (with its series R) between an output (digital output 9) and ground. The output pin should be setup as an output in your setup().

What have you use A1 for?

Draw a clear circuit showing how it is connected and post a photo of the circuit.

Also post your code in code tags. </>.

Weedpharma

Hi, Thank you for reply.

here is the codes

/*
  Blink
  Turns on an LED on for one second, then off for one second, repeatedly.

This example code is in the public domain.
 */

// Pin 13 has an LED connected on most Arduino boards.
// give it a name:
int led = 13;

// the setup routine runs once when you press reset:
void setup() {                
  // initialize the digital pin as an output.
  pinMode(led, OUTPUT);     
}

// the loop routine runs over and over again forever:
void loop() {
  digitalWrite(led, HIGH);   // turn the LED on (HIGH is the voltage level)
  delay(1000);               // wait for a second
  digitalWrite(led, LOW);    // turn the LED off by making the voltage LOW
  delay(1000);               // wait for a second
}

I’m attaching screen-shoot of it too.

That code blinks pin 13. Your led is not connected to pin 13.

You have the led connected between A1 and 9. That means you need to set one pin high, and the other low (and it will only work one way around - leds are polarized)

Usually people connect one side of the led to ground or +5, so only one pin is needed to control it. Is there some reason you put it between two IO pins?

Still confused now what should i do make the tutorial work please explain in simple way. pleasee and

Tim541541: please explain in simple way. pleasee and

Change the code to use Pin 9 instead of 13.

int led = 9;

instead of

int led = 13;

But also change the connections of the LED and R to be between output 9 and ground. You do not use A1.

Pin 13 has a built in LED on the board. It should have been flashing with the original program.

Weedpharma