Problem in Flex\Bend sensors stability.

Hel
I am doing my final year project " Gestures controlled robotic arm with complete Hand" using arduino for the purpose of sensing the fingers movement i am using flux sensor and the other side for arm for the arm's movements sensing i am going to use gyroscope.
In my task of fingers movement the resistance of flex sensor is not stabling that results a non required movement of robots fingers.

my question is, what should i do to get a stable signal from flex sensor for robots movements. hoping for you kind response :o

Thank you :slight_smile:
Jack Arsal

What does the manufacturer say the resistance stability should be?

Paul

Paul_KD7HB:
What does the manufacturer say the resistance stability should be?

Paul

resistance should be around 10k to 12k

Jack_Arsal:
resistance should be around 10k to 12k

OK, but that does not address the stability, which should be a % over some time period.

Paul

what should i do to get a stable signal from flex sensor for robots movements.

Are we talking about long term stability or short term noise here.

If the fingers seem to twitch you could be getting noise on the analogue input. A 0.1uF capacitor to ground on each input often helps or taking an average of many readings.

If the fingers seem to twitch you could be getting noise on the analogue input. A 0.1uF capacitor to ground on each input often helps or taking an average of many readings.
[/quote]

appreciated but it dose not moving as per requirement when i little bit of my finger then flex sensor senses it. as result moves whole finger of robot which is the problem.
"Robot needs to follow the signal 0 degree to 180 degree frequently"

Paul_KD7HB:
OK, but that does not address the stability, which should be a % over some time period.

Paul

sir, it should be a complete and stable cycle over one bend flex sensor.

Jack_Arsal:
sir, it should be a complete and stable cycle over one bend flex sensor.

That is not what stability means.

Does the manufacturer's specification say it will do what you are asking it to do? If so, and it does not perform to the manufacturer's documentation, then have them replace it with one that does.

Paul

I'm sure you can find a lot of useful information here.

My thinking is that it may be a problem with the sensor, your circuit, your robot's motor, your code, a lack of lubrication of the robot's joints, too much beer for the operator, or a combination of those and maybe other factors. Alas you forgot to disclose ANY such information...