Problem making small arc with Transformer EI-35-0014

Hello,

A while back, I remember a friend of mine making a small arc with this transformer when he touched a pair of scissors to the two ends. He’d hooked it up to the Arduino somehow, but I’ve forgotten by now. I understand that I have to use PWM to make this happen, but for the most part I’m completely lost. Keep in mind I’m very much a beginner in this field, but I’m willing to learn how to do things like this. Attached is what I’ve come up with so far, but there’s almost certainly a million things wrong with it. Sorry for the extremely vague request, but I’d really like to learn how to do this. The transformer is an EI-35-0014 from a record player I dismembered, and the wires connected to the transformer are from a 12.5 DC Output power source.

Thanks

Are you running the transformer backward to get high voltage? If so, a pulsed signal in might do that. Your picture looks like you are triggering a transistor with pwm from an Arduino in order to pulse the input to the transformer. I'm not sure your circuit is right, cause I can't see it that well in the picture. It does not look like you have a common ground. Maybe you don't have the transformer the right way around? Can you measure the voltage on it's output?