Problem: Programming ATTINY85 with Uno

Hi, I am trying to compile the sketch below but I cannot compile or upload to the ATTINY85 chip when I choose ATTINY85 (arduino as ISP) from the board menu. The error log of Arduino IDE is also below. What is the problem?

Note: I have uploaded the Arduino ISP sketch to the uno already.

int analogPin = 3;     // Data cable connected to the analog pin
int YelLED= 1;  // yellow LED pin for Temp>36
int RedLED= 0;  //red LED pin for Temp>40
int Fan= 2;     //Fan connected to the MOSFET will be high Temp>37
float val = 0;           // variable to store the value read

void setup(){
  pinMode(YelLED, OUTPUT);
  pinMode(RedLED, OUTPUT);
  pinMode(Fan, OUTPUT);

function1(); //for the temperatures lower than 30 and higher than 25
   function2(); //for the temperatures higher than 30
   function3(); //for the temperatures higher than 30
}

void loop(){
  float val=0;
   val = analogRead(analogPin)*0.48828125;  
      digitalWrite(YelLED, LOW);
      digitalWrite(RedLED, LOW);
      digitalWrite(Fan,LOW);

if(val>=36 && val<40){
  function1();}

if(val>40){
  function2();
  function3();} 
  delay(1000);
}

void function1(){ //function which should work only in 36-40 degrees
  digitalWrite(YelLED, HIGH);
}

void function2(){ //funtion which should work only after 40 degrees
  digitalWrite(RedLED,HIGH);
  digitalWrite(YelLED, HIGH);
}

void function3(){ //funtion which should work only after 36 degrees
  digitalWrite(Fan,HIGH);
  //delay(3000);
}

I had that problem in the past and it was due to the wrong board. I see you use the option ATTiny85(with arduino as ISP), this never worked for me.

I had to use the master library, select in the board attiny85(8mhz internal clock) and in the programmer menu arduino as ISP. this is the only way it worked for me

Please don't waste people's time by posting the same question in two places.

...R

Robin2:

...R

Posting the same? I deleted the previous thred and oppened here under microcontrollers section. Does it still counttwo times?? If it is still staying there and if you are the moderator, please merge them or you can delete the other...

halford:
I had that problem in the past and it was due to the wrong board. I see you use the option ATTiny85(with arduino as ISP), this never worked for me.

I had to use the master library, select in the board attiny85(20mhe external clock) and in the programmer menu arduino as ISP. this is the only way it worked for me

Thanks, I will try it tomorrow and I will post the results soon.

Cheers
Oz

let us know.

just in case this is the library I use for the ATTiny https://github.com/damellis/attiny/archive/master.zip

halford:
let us know.

just in case this is the library I use for the ATTiny https://github.com/damellis/attiny/archive/master.zip

I used the same library in this video How-To: Shrinkify Your Arduino Projects - YouTube

Should I copy this library also into the hardware folder? Thanks again.

Cheers
Oz

yes, just as before, you will see a range of ATTiny with the clock speed and not specifing the arduino as isp.

be aware I did a mistake, it's 8Mhz clock not 20 as wrote before, I'm going to edit my previous post.

for the file I gave you, copy the folder ATTiny into hardware, not the Attiny-master.

ozgur84:

Robin2:

...R

Posting the same? I deleted the previous thred and oppened here under microcontrollers section. Does it still counttwo times?? If it is still staying there and if you are the moderator, please merge them or you can delete the other...

So what happened to the reply I made on the other thread?

...R

Robin2:

ozgur84:

Robin2:

...R

So what happened to the reply I made on the other thread?

...R

Sory for the complication. you asked

Robin2:
It looks as if some library file (perhaps the core library for the Attiny85) is missing or can't be found.

What have you done to make it possible to compile code for the Atting85?

Can you provide a link to the instructions you are following?

...R

I followed the video in the link How-To: Shrinkify Your Arduino Projects - YouTube

step by step. Now I will try the halford's method.

halford:
let us know.

Hi, I tried it first with 8Mhz Clock in the board menu and Blink sketch, it works!! There were some expected errors while uploading but the LED is blinking. Because I have chosen the 8Mhz as the clock speed, the LED stays on and off more then 1 sec, but it is alright!

Thanks Halford. Thanks everybody!

Regards
Oz