Problem Running GPRS

I want to make my arduino to communicate with a website using GPRS sheild and I am using ATWIN A6390 GSM shield for it. But unfortunately I am new to arduino and I am having trouble doing this.

I tried the Tutorial example of GSM client but when i try to debug the code it gives me list of errors which are following:

C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\GSM\GSM3ShieldV1ModemVerification.cpp: In member function 'String GSM3ShieldV1ModemVerification::getIMEI()':

C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\GSM\GSM3ShieldV1ModemVerification.cpp:72: error: conversion from 'int' to 'String' is ambiguous

C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/WString.h:61: note: candidates are: String::String(const __FlashStringHelper*)

C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/WString.h:59: note: String::String(const char*)

I don't know what is the problem here please help.

This is the example link

The example you are using is intended for use with the official Arduino GSM/GPRS shield which uses the Quectel M10 chip, so even if you fix the errors then it may not work if it uses any specific M10 commands.

I would suggest using an older version of the IDE and see if you still get the errors.

Thank you for your reply and I finally figured out the problem. you were correct about the module and the problem was in the GSM library in version 1.0.6 of Arduino IDE.