Problem Running Sketch with Arduino Mega ADK Board

I have a question concerning uploading programs to my Arduino board. I am very new to this, and I'm not sure what I'm doing. With my board, I will upload any sketch and the program states that it has uploaded successfully, yet whenever I actually try to run the sketch it does not work. I even tried an example sketch (blink) and it did not work either.

I've checked everything I can think of to fix it, but I don't know what is wrong. My port is correct, and I have the correct board selected. My selected programmer is AVRISP mkll, and I'm not sure if that relates to anything but I tried others and none of them worked either.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, and if I need to provide any further information for the problem to be solved I will gladly do so.

Once the sketch is uploaded, it immediately runs.

You don't have to "try to run the sketch".

Okay, well despite that, it’s still not working. Like I said in my original post, even example programs like “blink” are not working, despite Arduino saying the sketch has uploaded successfully.

seaheel71:
Okay, well despite that, it’s still not working. Like I said in my original post, even example programs like “blink” are not working, despite Arduino saying the sketch has uploaded successfully.

How do you know it is not working?

The light on the Arduino board itself does not blink, even after the software says the program has uploaded successfully. And the light isn't the problem, as it has worked in the past using a different computer (that I do not have access to).

For all we know the board is bricked.

Don't know.