Problem understanding libraries

Hi all,

I am trying to log on pachube my data. I am trying to follow the instructions proposed at

http://community.pachube.com/arduino/usb/pachuino

I must say now that this is my first contact with arduino.

I downloaded and installed the 3 libraries that are indicated in the instructions. I think (but not sure) that I installed them correctly.

My sketchbook location is d:\Docs\Arduino

The libraries were installed in d:\Docs\Arduino\libraries\

d:\Docs\Arduino\libraries\eeml d:\Docs\Arduino\libraries\arduino d:\Docs\Arduino\libraries\pachuino

Then I load the code proposed :

import processing.serial.; import cc.arduino.; import eeml.; import pachuino.;

Pachuino p;

void setup(){ p = new Pachuino(this, Arduino.list()[0], 115200); p.setPort(5230);

p.setKey("ENTER_PACHUBE_API_KEY_HERE");

// local sensors p.addLocalSensor("analog", 0,"lightSensor"); p.addLocalSensor("analog", 1,"temperature"); p.addLocalSensor("digital", 2, "button"); p.addLocalSensor("digital", 5, "button2");

etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

but I get errors while verifying that code:

andreas_pachube:-1: error: variable or field 'onReceiveEEML' declared void andreas_pachube:-1: error: 'DataIn' was not declared in this scope andreas_pachube:-1: error: variable or field 'onReceiveRequest' declared void andreas_pachube:-1: error: 'DataOut' was not declared in this scope andreas_pachube:0: error: 'import' does not name a type andreas_pachube:1: error: 'import' does not name a type andreas_pachube:2: error: 'import' does not name a type andreas_pachube:3: error: 'import' does not name a type andreas_pachube:5: error: 'Pachuino' does not name a type andreas_pachube.cpp: In function 'void setup()': andreas_pachube:8: error: 'p' was not declared in this scope andreas_pachube:8: error: expected type-specifier before 'Pachuino' andreas_pachube:8: error: expected `;' before 'Pachuino' andreas_pachube.cpp: In function 'void draw()': andreas_pachube:27: error: 'p' was not declared in this scope andreas_pachube.cpp: At global scope: andreas_pachube:36: error: variable or field 'onReceiveEEML' declared void andreas_pachube:36: error: 'DataIn' was not declared in this scope andreas_pachube:39: error: variable or field 'onReceiveRequest' declared void andreas_pachube:39: error: 'DataOut' was not declared in this scope

What am I doing wrong?

thank U

Andreas

any help?

Shouldn't be in the zip a header file .h?

thx

What platform are you using? A standard Arduino UNO or a 2009 ?

Get the feeling you use libs for a special kind of Arduino...

Try using include instead of import to add the libraries.

#include “Program.h”

http://arduino.cc/en/Guide/Environment#libraries

Try using include instead of import to add the libraries.

include "Program.h"

yes yes,

the problem is that there is no xxxx.h (header file) in all the libraries proposed by pachube.

This comes from the official pachube site.

Took an additional look,

the application is a processing application that runs on a PC/MAC and communicates with an Arduino @ 115200 baud

p = new Pachuino(this, Arduino.list()[0], 115200);

It is not an Arduino application and when I ran it in the Arduino IDE I got exactly the same errors.

I am pretty sure (not absolutely certain) that the code you are trying to load on the Arduino is code for Processing (which ends in a .pde extension as well) - not code for the Arduino.