Problem uploading code to Leonardo board

Hi guys, im attempting to upload code to my Leonardo board but continue to receive error codes

Sketch uses 8342 bytes (29%) of program storage space. Maximum is 28672 bytes.
Global variables use 310 bytes (12%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2250 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2560 bytes.
Forcing reset using 1200bps open/close on port COM7
processing.app.debug.RunnerException
	at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(SerialUploader.java:152)
	at cc.arduino.UploaderUtils.upload(UploaderUtils.java:77)
	at processing.app.SketchController.upload(SketchController.java:732)
	at processing.app.SketchController.exportApplet(SketchController.java:703)
	at processing.app.Editor$UploadHandler.run(Editor.java:2055)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: processing.app.SerialException: Error touching serial port 'COM7'.
	at processing.app.Serial.touchForCDCReset(Serial.java:107)
	at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(SerialUploader.java:136)
	... 5 more
Caused by: jssc.SerialPortException: Port name - COM7; Method name - openPort(); Exception type - Port busy.
	at jssc.SerialPort.openPort(SerialPort.java:164)
	at processing.app.Serial.touchForCDCReset(Serial.java:101)
	... 6 more

I have verified the serial ports and tried three different COMs, reset and unplugged/replugged arduino, removed all wires i had off the headers, but i keep getting busy com. also there is an orange "L" LED next to my green LED on the arduino flashing.

First time using an Arduino board so forgive my illiteracy on this matter, want the board to run my Logitech shifter without hooking up to a wheel. Got all my files from this video -DIY LOGITECH USB SHIFTER ADAPTER DRIVING FORCE - YouTube Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Ryder

schlessmonkey:
Hi guys, im attempting to upload code to my Leonardo board but continue to receive error codes

Sketch uses 8342 bytes (29%) of program storage space. Maximum is 28672 bytes.

Global variables use 310 bytes (12%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2250 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2560 bytes.
Forcing reset using 1200bps open/close on port COM7
processing.app.debug.RunnerException
at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(SerialUploader.java:152)
at cc.arduino.UploaderUtils.upload(UploaderUtils.java:77)
at processing.app.SketchController.upload(SketchController.java:732)
at processing.app.SketchController.exportApplet(SketchController.java:703)
at processing.app.Editor$UploadHandler.run(Editor.java:2055)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: processing.app.SerialException: Error touching serial port 'COM7'.
at processing.app.Serial.touchForCDCReset(Serial.java:107)
at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(SerialUploader.java:136)
... 5 more
Caused by: jssc.SerialPortException: Port name - COM7; Method name - openPort(); Exception type - Port busy.
at jssc.SerialPort.openPort(SerialPort.java:164)
at processing.app.Serial.touchForCDCReset(Serial.java:101)
... 6 more

I have verified the serial ports and tried three different COMs, reset and unplugged/replugged arduino, removed all wires i had off the headers, but i keep getting busy com. also there is an orange "L" LED next to my green LED on the arduino flashing.

First time using an Arduino board so forgive my illiteracy on this matter, want the board to run my Logitech shifter without hooking up to a wheel. Got all my files from this video -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLpWEu8kCec&t=206s Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Ryder

As you have tried all from your PC side, now the problem exists in the board.

Do you have any other working Arduino? It will be needed to burn the bootloader to your non working Arduino. The bootloader can be missing with the Arduino.

..Arnav

You first attempt should be to press and release the reset button on the Leonardo when you see the reset message (Forcing reset using 1200bps open/close on port COM7) in the IDE.

If that does not solve the problem

Disconnect the Leonardo and reboot your PC; you might already have done that but COM ports should not be busy after that.

Next connect your Leonardo and check in device manager what is happening; you should get a serial port called something like "Arduino Leonardo". It's possible that you get a port called something like "Arduino Leonardo bootloader". Let us know what you see.

If you see the "Arduino Leonardo",
1)
Use that port in the IDE.
2)
Press and release reset on the Leonardo. You should now get the "Arduino Leonardo boot loader". Let us know if that works; the L led should fade in and out for a while. If so, your board is still behaving as it should and we can dig further.

Note
Please post your code here (between [code] and [/code], the so called code tags); I don't visit youtube to look at code so can't check what it does. Also note that you might have made a mistake and your code is not exactly as shown in the youtube video.

I have tried every way to reset computer and device
While looking at device manager I see my Arduino Leonardo (COM5)
After pressing the reset on the Board, my device manager shows: Arduino Leonardo bootloader (COM6)

The Board only stays in COM6 bootloader with L LED fading in/out mode for 5-6 seconds then reverts back to COM5 on it’s own with the L LED flashing on/off in 1 second intervals.

I still receive the same error code in OP

Ive attached what I’m attempting to upload

ArduinoJoystickLibrary-master (1).zip (32.5 KB)

LOGITECH_USB_ADAPTER-master (1).zip (2.19 KB)

You should burn the bootloader of the Leonardo board first and then try to upload the sketch. You need any other working Arduino for that.

.. Arnav

Your board seems to be behaving as expected.

What worries me is the fact that you have 3 Leonardos and 3 Leonardo boot loaders at the same time in your device manager. You should see one port for a Leonardo (assuming only one is connected) that should disappear when you reset the board and will be replaced by one port for the Leonardo boot loader.

How many entries do you have after a reboot of a PC without connecting the Leonardo?

I'm not much of an OS person, so more than likely can't really advise here.