problem uploading, may be due to broken reset button

I’m using a Arduino NANO with ATmega 328. Recently the reset button on the board broke off. I thought it would not make any difference since I can use reset pins available with the board 8) . But unfortunately(I guess), the damage is also made to printed path from ATmega 328 pin 29(Reset pin) to some pin of USB to Serial Chip :’( . Or It could be some other problem also. ::slight_smile:

since then I’m facing an error while uploading any sketch.

The erroe message:

(Arduino: 1.6.5 (Windows 7), Board: “Arduino Nano, ATmega328”

Sketch uses 1,030 bytes (3%) of program storage space. Maximum is 30,720 bytes.

Global variables use 9 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2,039 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,048 bytes.

avrdude: ser_open(): can’t open device “\.\COM8”: Access is denied.

Problem uploading to board. )

Please help me short this problem out.

(deleted)

spycatcher2k: Problem with your PC - try a restart, and verify you com port in device manager.

Thanks for your Reply.

I just confirmed that the is problem because of the path from Reset pin of ATmega 328 (IT broke off along with the rest button) to some pin of USB to serial chip. I was holding the broken switch in place while uploading a sketch and luckily succeeded twice. Any solution to permanently fix this problem?

I think I found the solution :D. I ll solder a small wire from one of the reset pins of Arduino to the Rest pin of ATmega 328. I couldn't directly connect the reset pin of ATmega 328 to the USB to serial chip, since there is a Capacitor is in series in the same path.

Please post any suggestion. Any better way of solving it?

Thank you