Problem uploading the sketch to the board

I am using:

Windows 10 64bit OS.
Arduino 1.6.5 (IDE)
Arduino Uno R3

The problem is i cannot upload the sketch to the board. At first i was able to upload sketches to the same board, then all of a sudden it started failing to upload.

I am sure its not because of the following:

Drivers- In the device manager, it shows that the board is connected to COM6, and i am able to read the board’s output via the serial monitor (from the last sketch uploaded). I selected the right board and port on the tools menu in the IDE.

Physical Connection- the cable is fine and the board is physically connected to the usb via the cable, like i said i can read the output from the arduino board, in the serial monitor. There is nothing else connected to the arduino board, all the pins are free, including the pin 0 and 1.

I tried pressing the reset button on the board before uploading several times at different timings.
When i try to upload the sketch, the rx, tx and L do flash a couple of times, print out the error.

The baud-rate is set to 9600.

When i try to upload the sketch i get the following error:

avrdude: Version 6.0.1, compiled on Apr 15 2015 at 19:59:58
Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/
Copyright (c) 2007-2009 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf"

Using Port : COM6
Using Programmer : arduino
Overriding Baud Rate : 115200
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 2 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 3 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 4 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 5 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 6 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 7 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 8 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 9 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00

avrdude done. Thank you.

Have a go at trying the loop-back test and let me know the outcome.

These are the steps i followed when conducting a loop-back test

1. Disconnected power from the board

2. Removed all connections and shields from the board

3. Forced the processor to remain in reset by connecting a jumper from RESET to GND

4. Connected a jumper from the TX pin (Digital Pin 1) to the RX pin (Digital Pin 0)

5. Connected the board to my computer. And of course Windows did produce a device-insertion tone.

6. Started the Serial Monitor.

7. Sent data by typing in the serial monitor.

RESULTS: There was no data that was echoed back. I guess it failed the loop-back test. But one thing i noticed is that, everytime i press the send button, the Rx LED Flashes.

A bit confused as to what might be causing the issue. The fact that you can still get output in the serial monitor from the present sketch would suggest that your usb-serial chip was functional, however failing the loop-back test says otherwise.

Does your board have a removable atmeag328 or is it a SMD version?

I am also confused. The board has a removable atmeag328.

Same problem here,

serial seems to work correctly (I receive messages from arduino’s), but sketch got sync error during upload.
I’ve tried with another arduino, and with another pc… now it remains just the ftdi adapter to change… just ordered a new one…

Have you solved in the end?