Problem uploading to board

This is the first time I have setup my Arduino board. My OS is XP My board is a ATMEGA 323 Duemilanove I believe my board is connect through COM3 I have created a simple script to blink a LED in PIN13.

My Arduino software auto detected what it thought my board was. It calls it a Arduino Diecimila. Is this correct ?

When I upload the script I get the message saying: "Problem Uploading to Board. See www..../troubleshooting"

I also get these messages. avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00 avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51

Help will be much welcome.

No, the Arduino IDE does not 'auto-detect' the board type. In your case you need to go into the tools section/board selection and select the entry that has 328 type, as that is the processor chip you have. After that the IDE will 'remember' that board selection unless you change it at some future time.

Lefty

Thankyou for the reply. It appears that I didn't have the latest version of the Arduino software, now that I have updated the software it detects the device and it is working.

Thank you.