Problem uploading to board

I am helping my son with a science fair project where he is using an Arduino Pro Mini. I'm new to using Arduino and we are having some trouble. We are trying to connect to the board by USB through an FTDI 232. I am getting power to the Arduino (LED is flashing) but we cannot upload a sketch.

I'm getting the following error when I try to upload the sketch. Any suggestions how to correct this issue?

Thanks in advance for your help! Michael

Arduino: 1.6.6 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino Pro or Pro Mini, ATmega328 (5V, 16 MHz)"

Sketch uses 1,288 bytes (4%) of program storage space. Maximum is 30,720 bytes.
Global variables use 15 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2,033 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,048 bytes.
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x40
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 2 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x40
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 3 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x40
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 4 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x40
Problem uploading to board. See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 5 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x40
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 6 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x40
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 7 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x40
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 8 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x40
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 9 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x40
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x40

Can you upload a photo showing clearly how the FTDI is connected to the Pro Mini?

I have attached a picture as requested. To be fair this is actually a MultiView SE V2.5 board that is supposed to contain the same chip as the Ardunio Pro with the ATmeg 328 5V.

Let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks. Michael

Some general hints here

I haven't seen that board before and it is not a Pro Mini. It looks interesting. Probably the most similar board Arduino produced is the Arduino Mini.

You can't hook up a DTR signal to RST directly. Attach a 0.1uF capacitor on RST, and attach the other side of the cap to DTR. This will turn the DTR signal (that goes low and stays low for the entire time the serial connection is open) into a momentary reset pulse, which is what you need for upload.

If it does not upload when you have the Pro Mini selected on the IDE menu, try selecting Uno. That will try the 2 common baud rates for upload.