Problem uploading to board

Hello I am a student working on arduino and I am having to what I think is either hardware or software issues. My hardware is: Breadboard, Arduino uno, computer as battery, memory shield with memory card, DS3231 Real Time Clock module, and buttons and wires. It started when I first pressed one of the buttons then the motherboard shut off and when I let go, it turned back on. Even though using this forum I read that I had to connect the positive and ground terminal to the button and to one of the pins, I taught it short circuit it. But the green light was still brightly on and the orange light was still blinking. Either way I got two new ones and neither of them worked. I really hope someone can help me with this because it has been a struggle to get this back to uploading again. Thank you much for everybody's time.

Does the upload still fail even if you don't have any modules/buttons/wires/shields/etc. connected to your Uno?

It started when I first pressed one of the buttons then the motherboard shut off and when I let go, it turned back on.

A clear indication of a short circuit overloading the PC’s USB port

Even though using this forum I read that I had to connect the positive and ground terminal to the button and to one of the pins, I taught it short circuit it.

I suspect that you misunderstood what you read.

Either way I got two new ones and neither of them worked.

Did you try a different USB port on the PC?