Problem uploading

I already checked my port, board and processor. I used to be able to upload but after a period of time, I won't be able to upload any more. These are what are on my computer after uploading.

Arduino: 1.8.1 (Windows 8), Board: "Arduino Duemilanove or Diecimila, ATmega168"

Sketch uses 1888 bytes (13%) of program storage space. Maximum is 14336 bytes. Global variables use 55 bytes (5%) of dynamic memory, leaving 969 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 1024 bytes. avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x7f avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 2 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x7f avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 3 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x7f avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 4 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x7f avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 5 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x7f avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 6 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x7f avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 7 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x7f avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 8 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x7f avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 9 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x7f avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x7f Problem uploading to board. See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.

This report would have more information with "Show verbose output during compilation" option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Ah you have the new windows smiley version...

Learning how to post code and error messages is a basic right of passage so here is a clue ( )

(deleted)

My money is - whatever board he has, even if it looks more like a duemillanove, is not bootloaded as one.

Try the other 328p boards - uno is the most likely candidate.

Often when you get the same resp on each line, and it's not 00, it's a wrong board selected. Not always (there are few certainties with sync errors) but often.

Or get a Programmer and just rebootload as an Uno so there is a known starting point. Unless the problem is with the USB/Serial chip. Can a clear, closeup. picture of the board be posted?

And does the Loopback Test (topic at the top of this forum) work? To rule out USB/Serial chip problems.

I had a problem uploading to some new '2560 boards with 16 MHz oscillator. Bootloading was acting weird, seemed to complete, sort of, but serial uploads then failed. Tried two boards, same thing. Went to a previous board where everything had worked, even that was failing! Finally realized I had grabbed an FTDI Basic module that was set for 3.3V and not 5V.

Sometimes it can be that simple. Changed to a 5V module, everything worked again. Whew!