Problem using MKR1000 and DHT libraray

Hi guys,
I am using a DHT11 sensor with an LED to display data. I tried my code on an Arduino Uno and it worked and compiled perfectly.
But I have to use WiFi to send my data so I decided to use a Genuino MKR 1000
When I tried to compile to code I received an error message and I am not able to solve it,

#include <dht.h>
#include <LiquidCrystal.h>

LiquidCrystal lcd(12, 11, 5, 4, 3, 2);

dht DHT;

#define DHT11_PIN 7

void setup(){
  lcd.begin(16, 2);
}

void loop()
{
  //int chk = DHT.read11(DHT11_PIN);
  lcd.setCursor(0,0); 
 // lcd.print("Temp: ");
  //lcd.print(DHT.temperature);
  lcd.print((char)223);
  lcd.print("C");
  lcd.setCursor(0,1);
  lcd.print("Humidity: ");
 // lcd.print(DHT.humidity);
  lcd.print("%");
  delay(1500);
}

Compilation error:

In file included from C:\Users\nicol\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\samd\1.6.20\cores\arduino/delay.h:23:0,

from C:\Users\nicol\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\samd\1.6.20\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:81,

from C:\Users\nicol\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DHTLib\dht.h:18,

from C:\Users\nicol\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DHTLib\dht.cpp:30:

C:\Users\nicol\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DHTLib\dht.cpp: In member function 'int dht::_readSensor(uint8_t, uint8_t)':

C:\Users\nicol\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\samd\1.6.20\variants\mkr1000/variant.h:47:78: error: invalid conversion from 'PortGroup*' to 'uint8_t {aka unsigned char}' [-fpermissive]

#define digitalPinToPort(P)      (&(PORT->Group[g_APinDescription[P].ulPort]))

^

C:\Users\nicol\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DHTLib\dht.cpp:115:17: note: in expansion of macro 'digitalPinToPort'

uint8_t port = digitalPinToPort(pin);

^

C:\Users\nicol\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\samd\1.6.20\variants\mkr1000/variant.h:51:41: error: base operand of '->' is not a pointer

#define portInputRegister(port)  (&(port->IN.reg))

^

C:\Users\nicol\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DHTLib\dht.cpp:116:29: note: in expansion of macro 'portInputRegister'

volatile uint8_t *PIR = portInputRegister(port);

^

I hope you can help me and this is the right sub forum

There are multiple liquid crystal display libraries but unfortunately most are written for the AVR series chips and not the SAMD MO CORTEX.

It would be prudent for you to seek out one that is known to work on the SAMD.