Problem using MKR1000 and humidity sensor

Hi guys,
I am using a DHT11 sensor with an LED to display data. I tried my code on an Arduino Uno and it worked and compiled perfectly.
But I have to use WiFi to send my data so I decided to use a Genuino MKR 1000
When I tried to compile to code I received an error message and I am not able to solve it,

#include <dht.h>
#include <LiquidCrystal.h>

LiquidCrystal lcd(12, 11, 5, 4, 3, 2);

dht DHT;

#define DHT11_PIN 7

void setup(){
  lcd.begin(16, 2);
}

void loop()
{
  //int chk = DHT.read11(DHT11_PIN);
  lcd.setCursor(0,0); 
 // lcd.print("Temp: ");
  //lcd.print(DHT.temperature);
  lcd.print((char)223);
  lcd.print("C");
  lcd.setCursor(0,1);
  lcd.print("Humidity: ");
 // lcd.print(DHT.humidity);
  lcd.print("%");
  delay(1500);
}

Compilation error:

In file included from C:\Users\nicol\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\samd\1.6.20\cores\arduino/delay.h:23:0,

from C:\Users\nicol\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\samd\1.6.20\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:81,

from C:\Users\nicol\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DHTLib\dht.h:18,

from C:\Users\nicol\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DHTLib\dht.cpp:30:

C:\Users\nicol\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DHTLib\dht.cpp: In member function 'int dht::_readSensor(uint8_t, uint8_t)':

C:\Users\nicol\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\samd\1.6.20\variants\mkr1000/variant.h:47:78: error: invalid conversion from 'PortGroup*' to 'uint8_t {aka unsigned char}' [-fpermissive]

#define digitalPinToPort(P)      (&(PORT->Group[g_APinDescription[P].ulPort]))

^

C:\Users\nicol\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DHTLib\dht.cpp:115:17: note: in expansion of macro 'digitalPinToPort'

uint8_t port = digitalPinToPort(pin);

^

C:\Users\nicol\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\samd\1.6.20\variants\mkr1000/variant.h:51:41: error: base operand of '->' is not a pointer

#define portInputRegister(port)  (&(port->IN.reg))

^

C:\Users\nicol\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DHTLib\dht.cpp:116:29: note: in expansion of macro 'portInputRegister'

volatile uint8_t *PIR = portInputRegister(port);

^

I hope you can help me

When I tried to compile to code I received an error message and I am not able to solve it,

The dht library has not been updated to work with your board.

pert recently post what needed to change, in another library, to make that library work with the MKR1000. You should find that post, and make changes to the library to work with your board. Or, wait until someone else makes the changes. Or get a different WiFi option. The ESP8266 is a good choice.

[quote author=PaulS link=msg=3979258 date=1544636681

pert recently post what needed to change, in another library, to make that library work with the MKR1000. You should find that post, and make changes to the library to work with your board. Or, wait until someone else makes the changes. Or get a different WiFi option. The ESP8266 is a good choice.
[/quote]
Who is pert? :smiley:

Shpeeon:
Who is pert? :smiley:

One of the forum regulars.

PaulS:
One of the forum regulars.

Can I search for persons here? Unfortunately I can't find pert and the user url just shows an ID and not a nickname

This is the post I was remembering. I don't know how you would find it, without knowing what library he fixed.