Problem with Arduino Primo Web Panel

Hi,
I just got new Arduino Primo and I'm trying to set it up as shown here: https://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/ArduinoPrimo but I cannot connect to the Web Panel using 192.168.240.1 even though I can connect to Arduino-Primo access point and I can ping this IP address with no problems.

I have tried using both Windows (different versions, different computers) and Linux (Fedora), as well as different browsers, but all I get is a blank page. I've tried installing Bonjour service, as recommended in another thread, but it didn't change anything.

Is it possible that it is a problem with Arduino itself? Does every Primo come with Web Panel?

it should simply work. you connect to access point and browse to htttp://192.168.240.1 and the Web Panel shows up. Bonjour (mdns) has nothing to do with this.

the firmware of Primo is WiFi Link version 1.0.0. there is no safe way to update it.

Is there any other way to set it up? Or is there something missing in the Arduino Primo guide that has to be done prior to connecting to access point? Is it simply connecting Arduino via USB to computer, connecting to AP and browsing http://192.168.240.1 ? Any settings in my computer that I should pay attention to? Missing drivers?

polelum:
Is there any other way to set it up? Or is there something missing in the Arduino Primo guide that has to be done prior to connecting to access point? Is it simply connecting Arduino via USB to computer, connecting to AP and browsing http://192.168.240.1 ? Any settings in my computer that I should pay attention to? Missing drivers?

no, nothing more, but you could try to run the WebClient example of WiFi Link library in nRF52 with settings of your home WiFi network. If that is working, it could pull the esp8266 from some strange state.

I ran the WiFiWebClient example - the Arduino can connect to my WiFi with no problems, but after that the 192.168.240.1 is still blank (not constanly loading, no errors - just empty). Also the WiFi Link firmware check shows that it is version 1.0.1 and thus the check result is OK.

In case I don't manage to solve this problem, is this setup step really necessary for using the board? I've planned to use mostly the Bluetooth feature. My main concern at the moment is the fact that the AP is open and since I live in a block of flats, there are quite a lot of people who could connect to it, but I'm not sure what the possible consequences are.

one of the bugs of the 1.0.1 version of is, that the AP can"t be turned off permanetly. it always turns on after powerup or reset

the problem is that the rx/tx of the esp8266 are not connected to anything on Primo. But Serial is the only reliable way of flashing the esp8266. Other option is OTA, but it works only if sketch with OTA support is in the esp8266. if someone uploads a sketch without OTA support, the esp8266 is bricked, and could be restored only with some fine soldering (connecting the rx/tx soldering points)

so, your options are:

1. return the board
  2. brick the esp8266 to block the AP
  3. put a sketch into esp8266, which turns off AP and has OTA support, for future experiments
  4. try to update WiFi Link over OTA. but the update was never tested on Primo

I use Uno WiFi with WiFi Link 1.1.0. The version 1.1.0 of WiFi Link has my bug fixes and improvements.

Some months ago we had a long troubleshooting thread with a guy who OTA uploaded Blink into esp8266 on Primo. We studied the schema and a closeup photo of the board.