Problem with arduino-processing.

Whenever i connect my arduino duimelanov(usb) with processing i get the message tx,rx version not matched please help .

What gives you this message processing or the arduino? What sketches are you trying to run at both ends?

i get this msg from processing.

i used the following program

/** * Simple Read * * Read data from the serial port and change the color of a rectangle * when a switch connected to a Wiring or Arduino board is pressed and released. * This example works with the Wiring / Arduino program that follows below. */

import processing.serial.*;

Serial myPort; // Create object from Serial class int val; // Data received from the serial port

void setup() { size(200, 200); // I know that the first port in the serial list on my mac // is always my FTDI adaptor, so I open Serial.list()[0]. // On Windows machines, this generally opens COM1. // Open whatever port is the one you're using. String portName = Serial.list()[0]; myPort = new Serial(this, portName, 9600); }

void draw() { if ( myPort.available() > 0) { // If data is available, val = myPort.read(); // read it and store it in val } background(255); // Set background to white if (val == 0) { // If the serial value is 0, fill(0); // set fill to black } else { // If the serial value is not 0, fill(204); // set fill to light gray } rect(50, 50, 100, 100); }

/*

// Wiring / Arduino Code // Code for sensing a switch status and writing the value to the serial port.

int switchPin = 4; // Switch connected to pin 4

void setup() { pinMode(switchPin, INPUT); // Set pin 0 as an input Serial.begin(9600); // Start serial communication at 9600 bps }

void loop() { if (digitalRead(switchPin) == HIGH) { // If switch is ON, Serial.print(1, BYTE); // send 1 to Processing } else { // If the switch is not ON, Serial.print(0, BYTE); // send 0 to Processing } delay(100); // Wait 100 milliseconds }

*/

Does that warning cause problems? If not, why are you concerned?

i just get this msg and the Processing dont get the data from Arduino.

i just get this msg and the Processing dont get the data from Arduino.

The two are not necessarily related. What code is running on the Arduino?

Are you CERTAIN that the Arduino is connected to the first item in the list returned by Serial.list()?

OK well this is really a processing problem and this is an Arduino Forum.

However this bit is some what out of data:-

// I know that the first port in the serial list on my mac // is always my FTDI adaptor, so I open Serial.list()[0]. // On Windows machines, this generally opens COM1. // Open whatever port is the one you're using.

It changes, so add the line:- println(Serial.list()); to see a list of serial ports and add:- println("Connected to "+portName); to see what you have actually connected to. It should match what your arduino is.

@satyawan

Did you check the ports list connect to your computer ( ex: mycomputer / properties / Hardware / Device Manager / Ports ) check which port number is your Arduino is connected and it should match the port number in the Arduino IDE.

And than, follow Grumpy_Mike advise by using —> println(Serial.list()); to see the list of ports connect to your computer and String portName = Serial.list()[0]; ← 0 is COM1 , 1 is COM2 and in my computer COM7 is 2 ( my Arduino is connect to Port 7 ) but your computer is different than mine. So is the port number. And don’t forget the speed has to match too.

About “that” message… I did have it, but my code work.See posting http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,76586.0.html . I still wonder why I have “that error message”.

Sorry Grumpy_Mike to repeat you…