Problem with arduino yun please help me out!

Hello there friends! i own an arduino yun and i have been playin around. these few late months im working on a project and out no ware the arduino stoped being able to be programed.

i no longer can upload code to the board. i got an error

"Connecting to programmer: .avrdude: butterfly_recv(): programmer is not responding
Problem uploading to board. See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions."

and the L13 blinks non-stop (red color), Yun reset/32U4 reset doesn't help at all too..

i have an idea that i need to reprogram the yun using and ISP (i have and arduino UNO and MEGA to use as ISP)

can you tell me what to do please?

thank you all in advance!

just to add here, my pc recognizes the board that it is connected and also arduino IDE can see it connected on port COM8

If your bootloader on the 32U4 is corrupted, you can reflash it very easily. The Linux side is connected to the ICSP header on the 32U4, so it can act as a programmer. This is done automatically each time you program a sketch over the network: the Linux side takes your sketch, adds the bootloader to it, and totally reflashes the 32U4.

There are two ways to do this:

• In the IDE, on the port menu, select the Yun's IP address. Then upload the sketch the normal way, except that you will be prompted for your Yun's password.
  • Verify your sketch, and find the compiled .hex file. Then access the Yun's default web interface, log in, and at the bottom of the first status page there is a button to upload a sketch. Click that button, browse to your .hex file, and the sketch will be uploaded.

Both methods will flash a fresh bootloader onto the 32U4, along with your sketch. The second method was not available on older versions of the Yun system software, so if you don't see it, you will have to update your Yun's Linux firmware (see the first sticky post in this forum.)

it worked :slight_smile: thank you very much!