Problem with Arduino Yun's configuration (SOLVED)

Hi everyone, I'm from the Italian blog but since I found no resolution to my topic there I decided to explain it here to see if someone can help me out, so sorry if my english isn't perfect.

I've just bought an Arduino Yun and as soon as I arrived home I tried to configure the Wirelles module, so I connected the board via micro-usb and started the configuration by changing the name, the psw and connecting the board to my house's WLAN. When I restarted the Yun to save the configuration I tried to insert "arduino.local" in the address bar but as I expected the DNS couldn't resolve the address, so I tried installing Bonjour but it didn't work. So next thing I did was entering the board via IP (192.168.240.1) but I noticed it didn't work. I tried changin the DHCP range in the router, then a static routing but I didn't get any change. :confused:

How can I resolve this problem? Could you help me out please?
Thanks everyone, have a nice day.

I92.168.240.1 is the IP address when the Yun is acting as an access point. You need to find the IP address that was assigned to it when it was connected to your local network. For example in my case it is given the number 192.168.43.206

...R

fabriziotrovato:
so sorry if my english isn't perfect.

You have nothing to apologize for, your English is a lot better than many native speakers!

Robin is correct,you need to go into your router's active connection list and see what address was assigned.

Also, be aware that if there was an error attaching to your local network, the Yun will give up after a couple of minutes and reboot back in its default access point mode. So, if you just can't find it on your network, check to see if it's acting like an access point again.

If you connect via ISB and load the WiFiStatus sketch, then open the serial monitor, it will show you the current WiFi status, including the IP address.

ShapeShifter:
You have nothing to apologize for, your English is a lot better than many native speakers!

Robin is correct,you need to go into your router’s active connection list and see what address was assigned.

Also, be aware that if there was an error attaching to your local network, the Yun will give up after a couple of minutes and reboot back in its default access point mode. So, if you just can’t find it on your network, check to see if it’s acting like an access point again.

If you connect via ISB and load the WiFiStatus sketch, then open the serial monitor, it will show you the current WiFi status, including the IP address.

Thank you for the comment about my english, and I loaded the Wifistatus sketch an what I got was:

Current WiFi configuration
SSID: TP-LINK
Mode: Client
Signal: 0%
Encryption method: -
Interface name: wlan0
Active for: 0 minutes
MAC address: 90:A2:DA:F6:01:74
RX/TX: 5/7 KBs

So no IP address, and the Yun is not shown in the DHCP client list of the router or in the connection as an access point.

It looks like it's trying to connect to the "TP-LINK" network, but is unable to do so. It's curious that it's not resetting back to access point mode after a few minutes.

My suggestion at this point: connect with an Ethernet cable between the Yun and your router, and check the WiFi settings web page. Or, press the the WLAN RST button for more than 5 seconds (but less than 30) to reset it back to access point mode: once it finishes rebooting, try setting up the wireless network again. The most common cause is not using the correct password or encryption method.

Do you have any special security settings on your WiFi network? Like perhaps MAC address filtering that only accepts connections from specific nodes? If so, you will have to add your Yun's MAC address to the allowed address list. (This is an advanced security setting, and not often enabled, so if you are the person who configured your router and you don't know what I'm talking about, it probably doesn't apply to you.)

Well the issue was the encryption method cause I switched it on the router from "auto" to "WPA2" and it's now working properly.

Thanks to ShapeShifter and Robin for the help :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Have a good evening everyone!