Problem with Atmega8U2 firmware

Hi all! I have a problem with the Atmega8u2 firmware.

I bought the single chip Atmega8U2 (virgin chip)because I want to connect it on the bread board with Atmega328 (with Arduino bootloader).The idea is to create on the bread board Arduino UNO. I made all of the essential links between the various pins (I soldered on the pads of Atmega8u2 very thin copper wires). I used a USB connector type B and I used all the components described in the Arduino UNO schematic. In DFU mode, I programmed the Atmega8u2 as described in the Arduino site. I used the program Flip (Atmel). The firmware is present in the 'Hardware' folder, from the latest release (0023):"Arduino-usbserial-one." I am sure that every connection is correct, the power supply is correct, software and firmware are correct, but when I upload the program ("blink LED"), the output window gives me this error (verbose mode):

\Blink.cpp.hex:i

avrdude: Version 5.4-arduino, compiled on Oct 11 2007 at 19:12:32 Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/

System wide configuration file is "C:...\arduino-0022\hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf"

Using Port : \.\COM15 Using Programmer : stk500v1 Overriding Baud Rate : 115200 avrdude: ser_open(): setting dtr avrdude: Send: 0 [30] [20] avrdude: Send: 0 [30] [20] avrdude: Send: 0 [30] [20] avrdude: Recv: avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00 avrdude: Send: Q [51] [20] avrdude: Recv: avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51

avrdude done. Thank you.

Please, can someone help me?

If you are using release 0023, why is it reporting that the configuration file is in /arduino-0022/ ? Take a picture and post your hardware setup. There could be something wrong with it.

First of all, thank you for having responded to me…
Attached is the schematic that I used on the bread board. The Atmega8U2 firmware that I upolad with Flip software on the chip, is contained in the “Hardware” folder present in 0023 realise.
Then the program upload gives the same error with both 0022 or 0023 realise of Arduino IDE.
According to you there are some errors in the schematic? Thanks.

arduino_Uno_on BreadBoard.pdf (10.3 KB)

Is there anyone who can tell me if there are errors in the schematic that I have attached in the post above? Because the Atmega8u2 doesn't communicate with Atmega328... Thanks