problem with board (168) and mac (osx 10.3.9)

hello again, maybe better without the poll… im totally depressed :’(

my computer doesnt seem to identificate my usb arduino (atmel 168)…
ive got a powerbook g4 with os x 10.3.9 and i loaded the versions from 004 to 007 and tried different drivers…
i also tried everything written i this topic:

http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1143197735

but nothing happens…no usb identification on the serial port…

…is it just my noooooobism…?
…that distracts me from playing…?
…please help me if you know somthing…

greetz

nobody has any idea ? i know there could be alot of possibilities that cause the problem but maybe someone had the same problem with os x 10.3.9… what did u do ?

i tried the arduino on another mac and it works well…
i looked into my systemprofile but the arduino usb doesnt show up

You should email FTDI support (they’re the company that makes the USB to serial converter on the Arduino board). support1@ftdichip.com

Since the problem seems to be with their product/driver, they’ll be able to help you much better than we can. If you get things working, though, please let us know what the solution was.

thanks… :slight_smile: …i will tell you the news

no answer yet… really busy people !!!

i have an macbook with osx tiger and all updates and it works (quiet) without problems.
there is only one ‘bug’ i think. for uploding a sketch i had to plug in the arduino and press “upload” the same time (ok from pluging in to start the upload i can wait about 3-4 seconds :-/), once the arduino startet it’s impossible to upload anything, but the serial communication works. might it’s normal, i don’t reed the manual yet…
i hope this helps…

Hello

I think you answered your question… you should read the pages we have on the website that explain how to use arduino…

watch this video… first http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF3IrfVtAdw

arduino is much easier to use than any other platform but it still requires reading a couple of webpages :slight_smile: