problem with breakout clone for rgb led matrix

I am making a breakout clone for an rgb led matrix. I ran into a problem with a few of the blocks. the problematic statements are:

if (blck6Hit == false && blck6spwnd == true && ballY <= 7 && ballY >= 6) { //this one worked the day before
        balldirY = -balldirY;
        disp.drawRect(26, 6, 5, 2, blk);
        blck6Hit = true;
        blck6spwnd = false;
      }

and:

if (blck13Hit == false && blck13spwnd == true && ballY <= 11 && ballY >= 10) { //this one never worked
        balldirY = -balldirY;
        disp.drawRect(1, 10, 5, 2, blk);
        blck13Hit = true;
        blck13spwnd = false;
      }

The board in question is an Arduino UNO R3. And before you ask: no. I do not have any additional boards I can test this with. Any help is very well appreciated. I have attached my entire code as it is past the 9000 character limit.
edit: it turns out I was missing the command:

blck6spwnd = true;

when I spawned block 6 and on block 13, I had the command as:

blck13spwnd == true;

instead of:

blck13spwnd = true;

32X32_breakout.ino (13.7 KB)

if (blck6Hit == false && blck6spwnd == true && ballY <= 7 && ballY >= 6) { //this one worked before

Before what? Memorial Day? The first caveman ventured out of the cave? Or, before you f**ked something up?

Darn you character limit!

The idea is to encourage you to create a small program that illustrates the problem, and to force you to describe what the problem is concisely.

Re-read your post, and see if you can see what the problem is. I can’t. Some code, taken out of context, doesn’t do what you expect, but there isn’t even the vaguest hint of what it actually does, or of what you expect it to do, or what you changed to break it.

PaulS:
Before what? Memorial Day? The first caveman ventured out of the cave? Or, before you f**ked something up?

It worked the day before.

PaulS:
but there isn't even the vaguest hint of what it actually does, or of what you expect it to do

It is supposed to work like the game breakout. When the ball hits a block, the block is supposed to disappear and ball bounces back, but the ball just goes through those blocks without making them disappear and bouncing back.

PaulS:
Re-read your post, and see if you can see what the problem is.

That's why I posted to the forum. I can't see what the problem is.

I can't see what the problem is.

So that's why you felt it necessary to add so many more details. That's good.

It worked the day before.

The day before what?

What did you change, to make the code stop working?