problem with data from monitor serie to excel

Hello

I can’t transmit data which are on serial monitor to en excel sheet (table numbers for example).

I use Libreoffice which is free. It does run too ? But it doesn’t run.

What is the process to do that .

Thank you
Maurice

Use a proper terminal programme, like RealTerm, instead. It is also free, and will record your data to CSV for subsequent transfer to Excel, and timestamp it as well. If you use Excel 2003 or earlier, you can send data direct to Excel by using the PLX macro.

Nick_Pyner: Use a proper terminal programme, like RealTerm, instead. It is also free, and will record your data to CSV for subsequent transfer to Excel, and timestamp it as well. If you use Excel 2003 or earlier, you can send data direct to Excel by using the PLX macro.

Useful advice IF the OP had asked about Excel. OP did not.

It does run too ?

Why are you asking us if some software you installed on your computer runs? Can't you see if it does, or does not?

But it doesn't run.

Then, why did you ask if it does? Am I wasting my time here? (I already know the answer to that...)

What is the process to do that .

Libreoffice is open source. Modify the code so that the spreadsheet software has the ability to open the serial port that the Arduino is connected to. Make it read the serial data and fill in cells, etc. as needed.

Or, as Nick_Pyner suggests, forget about what software is going to use the data, and just save it in a file that the software can open.