Problem with /dev/tty* and FTDI

I’m just got a Arduino UNO R3, i’m running on MAC 10.9 and IDE 1.6.4, when i try to select a port, i only have /dev/tty.usbmodem. I already upgrade FTDI and did it everything i can do and know i’m stock and i don’t kwon what more to do. I need the /dev/tty.usbserial port.

I already tried with a new usb cable.

In order to used a serialport do i have to connect a external power supply to mi arduino o with usb power supply is it enough?

Screen Shot 2015-05-22 at 00.34.19.png

The one labeled “/dev/cu.usbmodem1411 (Arduino Uno)” is the correct serial port. Whoever said you needed “/dev/tty.usbserial” is wrong. Since the Arduino Uno does not use an FTDI chip there is no reason to install the FTDI drivers for it.

HI johnwasser thx for your replay, but i'm trying to communicate Processing and Arduino, and until I understood, this has to be by serial port, is'n it?

When communicating with a PC you almost always use Serial which connects through the same USB-to-serial hardware used to upload sketches. The Serial.begin(baudrate) in your sketch (almost always put in setup()) will tell you what baud rate to use when communicating with your sketch.