Problem with displaying data on the serial monitor

Hey peeps, today i encounter a very weird problem. When i upload a sketch on the Ardunio IDE and open my serial monitor, i got the correct voltage values that i want. (Circuitry on breadboard to get the values)

However, when i put the shield + Xbee to transmit the values, the serial monitor suddenly stop displaying data...Does anyone knows what is the problem? :-?

It used to work previously and i can even get the same values that is transmitted onto the receiver end of the serial monitor on another computer.

Both Xbee are configured correctly with the X-CTU software already..

Did i accidentally spoil the shield? :'(

Does the Xbee shield use pins 0 and 1 (Tx and Rx) that are connected to the UART? If it does, then it will stop serial comms working. So, if you unplug the xbee, does the serial monitor start working again?

I has a similar problem with an internet shield.

I don't understand what you are saying...so what is the problem?

It always worked fine...is there a problem with the shield?

I thought that you meant serial comms 'used to work' until you put the shield on.

If you are saying that serial comms used to work with the shield on, but now it doesn't, then I have no idea why it should have stopped working.

Things only stop working if something changes or something breaks. If nothing has changed then something has broken.

If you are saying that serial comms used to work with the shield on, but now it doesn't, then I have no idea why it should have stopped working.

Things only stop working if something changes or something breaks. If nothing has changed then something has broken.

Yup, this is wad i meant...i was wondering if the shield is spoilt...or have i short-circuit the shield or something?