Problem with DMD library.

Hi, just trying to download the DMD library (GitHub - freetronics/DMD: Arduino library to support the Freetronics Dot Matrix Display) but every time I open Arduino I get an error message "The library DMD-master cannot be used". I've copied it into my
Arduino/libraries folder.

any solutions?

thanks

Where exactly (the full path) have you installed the downloaded library ?

Have you followed the advice on this page ? http://arduino.cc/en/Guide/Libraries

Yes, I get the same exact error when importing from Arduino.

I am sorry if this sounds insulting, but yesterday someone on this forum said several times that he had followed the instructions on how to install a library but it was still in the wrong place. Are you sure that you have installed all of the library files in the correct place and, if so, what is that place and which files have you installed ?

When do you get the message ""The library DMD-master cannot be used" ?

where I currently have them installed:

error message I receive:

Is there some part of that error message that you don’t understand? Where in the allowed set of characters does the dash fall?

It doesn’t. So, you need to rename the folder that was created. Aside for it’s horrid user interface, that is another reason Git sucks.

ah wow I'm an idiot, didn't think the error message was referring to the folder name, all fixed now. thanks :slight_smile:

ah wow I'm an idiot, didn't think the error message was referring to the folder name

You're not an idiot if you learned something. Everyone makes mistakes. Only an idiot makes the same one over and over. A smart person makes new mistakes.