Problem with IDE 1.6.3

After I instaled new version of Arduino IDE have problems with compiling any sketch. With previous version all my sketches are compiled properly. I am a beginer and woulbe grateful for any help. Thanks, Karol

You have to be more specific than "have problems with compiling". If you say what problems you have then there is a chance that someone can help. Or you could search for the error message to see if the problem has already been solved by someone.

Thank you very much for your response and sorry for not being accurate. After compiling following error appears: avr-g++ error: CreateProcess: No such file or directory
Error compiling.

Could any of the directory names in the file paths have any strange characters?

Try turning on verbose build logging. If the meaning of the resulting messages is not clear, try posting them here.

Directory names in the file paths have not any strange characters, but I do not understand what verbose build logging is. Please be patient and forbearing but I am not very good with computing and even English is not my origin language. Thanks, Karol

You can start by saying what Operating System you are running the Arduino IDE on.

On Mac OS X you would select "Preferences..." from the "Arduino" menu. On Windows I think you find it in the File menu. In that dialog there is a line that says: "Show verbose output during: compilation upload". Click on the checkbox in front of 'compilation'. That will turn on a bunch of optional debug output. You can then copy the messages from the sketch window and paste them into a reply here.

Than you very much for the hint. I am working with Windows Vista Home Premium and this is copied error message:
Arduino: 1.6.3 (Windows Vista), Board: "Arduino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

Build options changed, rebuilding all

C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-g++ -c -g -Os -w -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -MMD -mmcu=atmega2560 -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10603 -DARDUINO_AVR_MEGA2560 -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -IC:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino -IC:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\mega C:\Users\Karol\AppData\Local\Temp\build5379704297521904157.tmp\kochamciedziubulku.cpp -o C:\Users\Karol\AppData\Local\Temp\build5379704297521904157.tmp\kochamciedziubulku.cpp.o

avr-g++: error: CreateProcess: No such file or directory

Error compiling.

And obviously with IDE 1.5.3 the same sketch does not make any errors. Thank you, Karol

For some reason your compiler is not in "C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-g++" where it is expected.

I wonder if it is a conflict between V1.5.3 and V1.6.3. Someone else had a problem that appeared to be caused by 1.6.x using the 1.5.x files in C:\Users(username)\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15. What I would try is to move or rename these directories before re-installing Arduino 1.6.3:

C:\Program Files\Arduino
C:\Users\Karol\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15

Delete the entire directory (folder) c:\users\username\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15 and try again. It will be recreated the first time you run the IDE. If you’re more adventurous, run arduino_debug.exe from a command window in its directory and try to decipher what file or files are corrupt from the error messages you get.

You can have as many versions of the IDE installed on your PC as you like with no interactions between them if you install them from the zip file by unpacking it and copying the folder to someplace like c:\program files (x86). If you use the Windows installer, it will want to remove earlier versions before installing a new version.

I currently have versions 1.0.5, 1.5.7 and 1.6.3 all running on my PC.

Hello, I have tried all you told me guys, and still the same. As I said before I am not very good with this fings but have noticed that the new version 1.6.3 is installed in: C/Prgram Files/Arduino and previos ones 1.5.3 and 1.5.8 are not there, but in C/Users/Karol/Dokuments/Arduino 1.5.3 and another one .../Arduino 1.5.8 . When I start them from this folders first the little window is opened and I have to press "Run" button to start IDE. Maybe this is the problem, maybe the best way to fix it would be to get rid of all Arduino files and download the new version ones again. Thank for your patience anyway and looking forward to hear you again.