problem with iMac OSX Mavericks and locating usb port

I've read there are some issues with Mavericks.

Has anyone solved the issue? Do I have to install older drivers? I've read a previous thread and don't want to start messing with Terminal unless others have said this works without affecting other operations.

've read there are some issues with Mavericks.

Yep. I'm a maverick, and I cause all kinds of issues.

Now, where did you read this nonsense?

Has anyone solved the issue?

What issue?

Do I have to install older drivers?

For what? Why would you want to install older drivers? Their driving records are not all that good.

I've read a previous thread and don't want to start messing with Terminal unless others have said this works without affecting other operations.

Quit hand-waving, and get specific.

I thought the subject title stated the problem. I was unable to upload my compiled code to the due for my 328. Despite selecting every port under tools, I kept getting the avrdude stk500 error.

I did some research and read that others with Mavericks have had this issue where the USB port is not getting recognized.

Anyway, I solved the problem by installing a virtual driver.

imsmooth: I thought the subject title stated the problem. I was unable to upload my compiled code to the due for my 328. Despite selecting every port under tools, I kept getting the avrdude stk500 error.

I did some research and read that others with Mavericks have had this issue where the USB port is not getting recognized.

Anyway, I solved the problem by installing a virtual driver.

I was able to generate the avrdude stk500 error on an Uno by removing the 328, rotating it 180 and reinserting the 328. With the 328 in the opposite direction to the configuration resulting in an stk500, business resumed as usual.