problem with maki arduino mega up and running(atmega8u2, atmega2560 programming)

Hello guys,
I've created one project using arduino mega circuit. I've ordered all new components from digikey and at first put bootloader into atmega2560 using arduino uno as ISP. I've put some blink code in atmega2560 after that using another arduino mega(tx rx) and it worked quite well, but when I programmed atmega8u2 using flip software, I am not able to program not using usb port nor using another arduino mega...

Could you guys please tell me what's the problem?

Thanks in advance

FLIP IS HIGHLY UNRELIABLE, and the firmware usually does not need to be updated for the serial interface chip.

The chip that you attempted to upgrade, was the usb serial interface chip, if it is possible, try using a programmer through ICSP to flash the correct firmware onto the chip.

neoredstone,

I am so glad that you answered. I have one question. Do you mean, that I should program atmega8u2 using another arduino as ISP?

viceplayer:
neoredstone,

I am so glad that you answered. I have one question. Do you mean, that I should program atmega8u2 using another arduino as ISP?

It would be hard to program an atmega8u2 using arduino as ISP, but you should connect directly to the ICSP PINS, not the ones distrusted through different locations on the board, as they may not be configured correctly. I would recommend having a USB ICSP Programmer, that is not an arduino, but is compatible with avr. It would help to have one, in case this happens again. Plus some programmers come with their own reliable software for flashing devices.

In theory Arduino as ISP would work to flash the atmega8u2, but there is no guarantees, and it is not well documented, if you are short of money, I would give this a shot. But if you are unsucsessful, I would recommend a non arduino avr programmer.