PROBLEM WITH MY LCD

Hi, i have a problem. I plug my LCD PC1602AR-HWA-A (there is a attached picture and the datasheet) with jumpers to Arduino Mega 2560 but it not works.

I connect the LCD like this:

VSS to GND
VDD to 5V pin
RS to pin 12
R/W to GND
E (enable) to PIN 11
D4 to PIN 5
D5 to PIN 4
D6 to PIN 3
D7 to PIN 2.

I upload in the Arduino Board the example LiquidCrystal–>HelloWolrd

What could be the problem?

Please, i need help. I’m new in Arduino.

pc1602h.pdf (49.8 KB)

Hi, will need your sketch, don't forget to use [code ] [/ code] tgs.

Tom..... :)

Hi, i have a problem. I plug my LCD PC1602AR-HWA-A (there is a attached picture and the datasheet) with jumpers to Arduino Mega 2560 but it not works.

The display may not be doing what you expect but you haven't told is what it is doing. Do you see anything on the display? Does the contrast potentiometer have any effect?

By the way you haven't mentioned the contrast pin (LCD pin 3) in your connection list. If you leave that pin unconnected then the display will always be blank. If you haven't got a potentiometer then connect LCD pin 3 to GND and you may get a useable display.

Don

floresta:

The display may not be doing what you expect but you haven't told is what it is doing. Do you see anything on the display? Does the contrast potentiometer have any effect?

By the way you haven't mentioned the contrast pin (LCD pin 3) in your connection list. If you leave that pin unconnected then the display will always be blank. If you haven't got a potentiometer then connect LCD pin 3 to GND and you may get a useable display.

Don

The problem was the pin 3, i didn't connect it to ground. The problem is resolved.

Thank you so much

The problem was the pin 3, i didn't connect it to ground. The problem is resolved.

You can probably get a better display by hooking up the recommended potentiometer.

Don