Problem with my USB thingy

i found a website (http://www.instructables.com/id/DHT11-Temperature-Humidity-Sensor-With-LCD-Display/) and decided to build its circuit with my arduino uno, but after i build it, i plugged in the usb thingy and my lcd lighted up for a couple of seconds and then everything just turned off. My arduino didn't show that green flashy thingy signaling it was on as well, then my big metal thing that the usb goes into on the arduino gets super hot. So i take out my usb wait an hour and then re-plug it, same thing happens. My port also grays out. Here is the code that i copy pasted:

#include <LiquidCrystal.h>
#include <DHT.h>

#include "DHT.h"

#define DHTPIN A0 // what pin we're connected to

#define DHTTYPE DHT11 // DHT 11

LiquidCrystal lcd(12, 11, 5, 4, 3, 2);

DHT dht(DHTPIN, DHTTYPE);

void setup()
{
Serial.begin(9600);
for (int DigitalPin = 7; DigitalPin <= 9; DigitalPin++)
{
pinMode(DigitalPin, OUTPUT);
}
lcd.begin(16,2); //16 by 2 character display

dht.begin();
}

void loop()
{
delay(1000);
// Reading temperature or humidity takes about 250 milliseconds!
// Sensor readings may also be up to 2 seconds 'old' (its a very slow sensor)
float h = dht.readHumidity();
// Read temperature as Celsius (the default)
float t = dht.readTemperature();

lcd.clear();
lcd.setCursor(0,0);
lcd.print("Temp: ");
lcd.print(t);
lcd.print("'C");

lcd.setCursor(0,1);
lcd.print("Humid: ");
lcd.print(h);
lcd.print("%");

if (t<=22)
{
digitalWrite(7, HIGH);
digitalWrite(8, LOW);
digitalWrite(9, LOW);
}
else if (t>22)
{
digitalWrite(8, HIGH);
digitalWrite(7, LOW);
digitalWrite(9, LOW);
}
else if (t>=35)
{
digitalWrite(9, HIGH);
digitalWrite(7, LOW);
digitalWrite(8, LOW);
}

}
Other forums said to unistall/re-install my usb driver but for some reason it isn't showing up

so please help I really want this to work

Disconnect everything from the Arduino. Connect Arduino via USB to pc. If it's recognised, you're lucky. If not, my guess is that you blew up the Arduino due to a wiring mistake.

Its not recognized... :o

Nevermind I guess its just a problem with the wiring because my arduino works fine
so could yall help me finish my goal of getting dht11 to display on a LCD without an I2C or whatever its called

ok so I made a new circuit and everything but it is still doing that thing but I have acquired more information:

i thought it may be a problem of my arduino not getting enough power so I plugged in a 9 volt battery in that slot beside the usb. in result my green thing turned on but the L yellow thing wouldn't light up. my lcd wont even turnon with the new circuit at Portable Arduino Temp/Humidity Sensor with LCD - Arduino Project Hub I know i is official because it is from arduino xD. the L only fades away when i try and upload the code.

please come back sir

Reply #2 not recognist
Reply #3 itr working

What is it?

Again, connect only Arduino to the pc. Is it recognised? If so, try to load the blink sketch. Does it work?

It getting hot is a wiring error, something is drawing way more current than it should. Giving it more power is not the solution, you need to find the short or damaged part and fix/replace it.

Did you connect the dht backwards? Those fail to near short if you power them backwards