Problem with Robot Control Libraries

Hi,
I was trying to make use of the Robot.turn(); functions, but they would not work. I went and found another forum topic about how it was outdated, so I installed a new one. From there, it all went downhill. Arduino was only reading from certain libraries and not others, and it just became a huge mess. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it did nothing. Here is the error message:

error.txt (10.1 KB)

The only time you should use the Robot Control library is if you own an Arduino Robot:

This library is written for that specific robot and won't be of much use for any other robot.

If you do own an official "Arduino Robot", then you have the wrong board selected from the Arduino IDE's Tools > Board menu. This is the cause of the error messages you're getting.

If you don't own an official "Arduino Robot", then you should provide use with a detailed description of the hardware you do own and what you are trying to accomplish. With that information, we can provide you with advice on how to proceed.

pert:
snip

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH thank you so much! I'm trying to figure out how to make my robot turn then, but I have no idea how. I thought it was accomplished via Robot.turn(); but obviously I am wrong. I have an ELEGOO Arduino Uno R3 if that helps.

OK, so all I can tell you based on that much information is that you do have the correct board selected for your ELEGOO Uno derivative board and that you can't use the "Robot Control" library with this board.

liamhardigan:
I have an ELEGOO Arduino Uno R3 if that helps.

It only helps a tiny bit. It like saying "My car has a Bosch brand engine control unit." Without knowing anything about the rest of the car, very little can be said about how to program it. Same for your "robot". Without knowing what hardware is attached to your Arduino and how, it is very hard to recommend how to make it 'turn'.
Many "robots" have separate drive wheels on the left and right. You would turn left by having the right motor go faster than the left motor. But some "robots" have jointed legs, not wheels.