Problem with servo

Hi everyone! I recently purchased the large servo Feetech FT 5335M FB with feedback and I have been unable to make it work with an arduino and the simple code 'sweep' or any other code for that matter. I used an external 6 volt 4A battery, connecting grounds together, I checked the signal pin, everything was ok. What am I doing wrong? I didn't connect the feedback cable but it's not necessary, is it? It worked with a receiver and a transmitter, so it's not faulty. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Please post a schematic of your circuit

A photo of a hand drawn circuit is good enough

What exactly did you check at the signal pin ?

What exactly is your "6V 4A battery"? Batteries generally do not have current (A) specified.

Steve

Hi!

I've tried to attach a picture but I don't see a way to do it. Anyway, the schematic is fairly simple: we have the servo, whose signal cable is attached to the pin D7 in the Arduino, the + cable is connected to the positive in the external battery, which is a 6v and 4 AH battery, and the - cable of the servo is connected to the negative of the battery using a breadboard, and these negatives are connected to the GND in the Arduino. That's all I have, so any ideas?

Thanks a lot for your time!

See Simple image insertion

https://images.app.goo.gl/GtN29vrm3zpiCPfX9

My setup is similar to this one, except the feedback cable coming from the servo (not on the picture) which isn't connected.

toptenacademy:
the + cable is connected to the positive in the external battery, which is a 6v and 4 AH battery, and the - cable of the servo is connected to the negative of the battery using a breadboard

Do you mean a 6V 4Ah lead acid battery or something else?

Anyway your problem may well be the breadboard. Connecting the power to a high current-demand servo via a breadboard is not a good idea. Most breadboard connections are good for 200-300 mA at best.

Steve

There is also the potential problem that some breadboards have a gap in the centre of their power rails which has caught out people in the past

The spec I found said that the servo might draw bursts of 9A at 7.4V. I think this translates to 7.3A at 6V.

As long as the battery and Arduino share a Ground with the servo, it should work. The spec said that the signal works with both 5V or 3.3V.

Hi,
Welcome to the forum.

Please read the first post in any forum entitled how to use this forum.
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html .
Then look down to item #7 about how to post your code.

What code are you using?

Can you please post a copy of your circuit, in CAD or a picture of a hand drawn circuit in jpg, png?

This is your servo with feedback?

Thanks.. Tom... :slight_smile: