Problem with servos

Good! I'm creating a robotic arm with 6 servants. The problem comes when I try to move the 6 servos with 6 potentiometers (one for each servo) the arm goes crazy and does not respond well. But when I connect one only to see if it is servos fault I realize that all work correctly. Then I think my problem is in the assembly of the 6 potentiometers, if someone could help me with a schematic or something thanks!

Materials I use:

• 6 servos mg996R
  • 6 potentiometers
  • protoboard and arduino one
  • external source of 5V and 14A

Thank you!

Xaviitutu:
I'm creating a robotic arm with 6 servants.

Robotic Downton Abbey?

Schematic, please.

When servo goes crazy, it's most probably about bad powering.

Xaviitutu:
But when I connect one only to see if it is servos fault I realize that all work correctly.

If you connect one only...... then how can you realise that each and every individual servo will work correctly?

Xaviitutu:
I think my problem is in the assembly of the 6 potentiometers

Better to start from a simple case. Example.... use two servo-motors, each controlled by their own individual potentiometer. See if it works. If it does, then add one extra servo, and one extra potentiometer. And keep building up until something unexpected happens. You might then be able to home-in on the issue.

So, just use the usual approach...... start small before working big.

Hi,

Can you please post a copy of your circuit, in CAD or a picture of a hand drawn circuit in jpg, png?

Can you post a picture of your project so we can see your component layout?

Thanks.. Tom... :slight_smile: